iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can you identify this wood burner?

Started by obwright, January 07, 2015, 01:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obwright

I recently bought a house with a wood/coal furnace.. My family has always burned wood but this wood burner is completely different.. When doing some research on it I couldn't find anything.. I am attaching some pictures maybe you could help me figure out the make and model of it...

Thank you

beenthere

Quotemaybe you could help me figure out the make and model of it...

On the door it says Shamrock No. 22 and you have the serial no.  Apparently that doesn't help?

What more do you need?

My wood boiler isn't made any more, so you may be in the same fix. Dead end and on your own with a DIY project. Looks to be in good shape.

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

garret

I fly into Carroll County Tolson Airport (KTSO) frequently for a slice of pie.  Haven't spotted any woodburner manufacturers from the air yet.  I'll let you know.
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

obwright

Thank you guys. I've searched and searched.. I can't find anything on it. 

beenthere

Some more pictures of how yours is different may help. Pics of what is inside behind the doors shown too.

I assume you are familiar with what is involved burning wood, but with the addition of burning coal there may be more to the stove (because of the coal).
Do you think it would be chunk coal? Removal of the coal clinkers would be different than just moving wood ash, IIRC.

There may be other wood/coal burner brands with manuals available to explain the working parts (draft control, ash removal, temp. control, etc.) of your burner. But the basics should be the same for wood and for control.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Al_Smith

I have no idea of the age .Keep in mind though during the resurgance of wood burning during the late 70's mid 80's there must have been at least 100 small manufacturers of wood burning devices most of which  are no longer in business .

JoeB

Howdy, can't figure the pics......
Just know that burning wood will never KILL you! Not the same for coal ( coal gas, google)  kills quick & quiet.
I'm just saying!

acrosteve

Quote from: JoeB on February 15, 2015, 05:58:52 PM
Howdy, can't figure the pics......
Just know that burning wood will never KILL you! Not the same for coal ( coal gas, google)  kills quick & quiet.
I'm just saying!

You serious?  You might want to study a little more.
Timberking B-20

Jim Fahlin

I have just looked at a home that has this model too, SHAMROCK NO. 22 ,but, it has been removed from service. The home was built in the later 1940s so who knows that the original heating source was. Since you actually have an ID plate you could probably find something with the city/county/state about that company but I have a couple avenues I will try for finding out more, myself. If I find anything I will post it, even though this thread is 7 years old now.
The Moose

Thank You Sponsors!