iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chewing bark in the wood pile!

Started by cutterboy, September 24, 2023, 04:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutterboy

This is something I've never seen before. Some small creature has been chewing the bark off of the red oak firewood stacked in the barn. I assume it is a mouse although there are no mouse droppings that I can see. It has to be something small enough to fit in the small spaces between the pieces of wood. I discovered this as I was removing the wood from the barn to sell.

This is the mess it made.

Always something.....Cutter
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

barbender

That's a new one to me! But then, I've never had wood stacked inside under cover before, either😁
Too many irons in the fire

g_man

Never seen that either cutter. But have heard people say that deer mice or squirrels sometimes do that ?? Don't have miniature porky's do you.

gg

Wlmedley

Up here the squirrels seem to have a taste for plastic.Wood shed full of wood and they chewed up the gas cap on my sawmill and then started in on the gas cap on my welder.They do seem to like to chew on the bottom of the barn door but I've never known them to chew any firewood.Thought maybe I would just buy a new gas cap for the sawmill but decided against it.It has a new emission style cap and was $40.A little silicone fixed it right up  :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jerry sundberg

Farmall  man

Thank You Sponsors!