iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ball Park Prices For Tree Trimming Away From homes ?

Started by scholar, February 11, 2014, 10:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scholar

I've been doing small jobs for customers when im on site already. Im just wondering what some of you guys would be charging to come to a house to trim some limbs away from a roof line (2 story MAX) i do own a small trimming saw along with my HT75 and my bigger 038. I normally charge $100 to trim and take away the mess. Just looking for some insight any information would be apreciated please

cheers
kevin
If Your not laughing your crying

BuckeyeAaron

I imagine you will get a wide spectrum of responses.  There are so many variables at play when you go from home to home (ease of access, specific tree, hazards around the tree, etc).  And then you change cities or regions the variability grows even greater.  My initial gut reaction though is that $100 for roof clearance may be on the lower side of a rough average??
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 

Psalms 139, 9-10.

scholar

I know that there is going to be numbers all over I was just looking ball parks there is really only 2 major companys in our area and I know they charge 2-3k to take a tree down... I dont plan on taking on anything on thats overly hard to do. But any input is much apreciated

LittleJohn

If you are already at the site and they ask for additional services (trim limbs near house) do you not just charge an hourly rate or are each job bid?? 

I do agree with Buckeye - cost to remove is based on a few variable, I think biggest in ease of removal and potential for damage.  If you can make $$$ at $100, why stop, just make sure you pay up the insurance before the first cut  ;D

scholar

ya normally that is how it goes. But people dont like hearing i charge min $75HR a hour for anything im doing... So i just take a stab at how long i figure im going to have into doing the trim.

DonT

Best advice I have read  "make sure you pay up your insurance" its not worth making a $100 to lose thousands and read your policy to ensure it covers you for tree work.There are are lots of good books on proper tree pruning.Some one paying employees has to charge more than you do to cover things like wsib,taxes,and travel time,as well as disposal fees.You know your market better than most of us.

bill m

As much as we would like to give you an answer there are just to many variables. It would be like asking a contractor to give a price to build a house without letting him see the plans.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!