iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shipping A Long Gun

Started by Autocar, January 06, 2013, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Into Canada , to a friend. I built a full stock left hand bolt W.S.M. out of spualded hard maple with walnut trim. With the up coming gun issuses I would like to get it shipped as soon as possible. Anyone know the rules ?
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I don't Bill. But if I may suggest, talk with a gun shop. They stay updated on these kind of laws.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Autocar

I had that in mind, it's suppose to warm up this coming week so if I can't work I will do that.
Bill

thecfarm

post office stays updated too. ;) We live out where there are quite a few,but we only really use one. We just like them better there. Seem more helpful with questions and other things that go on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

Autocar Shipping a gun into Canada is a real PITA  !!! you have to find a dealer that will ship it for you to a Canadian Dealer who will accept it, sometimes they get hung up for weeks at customs. Most dealers i know wont even think about it they just don't want the hassle. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Autocar

My buddy in Alberta gave me a web page for the Canadian paper work, thanks everyone.
Bill

Cypressstump

I have had my share of issues shipping across the Canadian border a few times with mere Hi Po outboard motor parts. It's a hit and miss thing, I can't begin to fathom shipping a gun considering the customs issues I've dealt with.

BUT - then again, you never know. I recieved a package from my step father from Kauai, Hawaii, a cardboard box all taped up. It turned out he had sent me his trusty stainless steel mini 14 Ruger, with a 5 round clip full of hollow point rounds ! I was waiting for the Feds to show up at any moment. Never got a call. He being 87 years old, never had a second thought. Get this, the scope was still spot on...
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Leigh Family Farm

Don't send by USPS...they won't allow it. Send it via FedEx or UPS. Also, call ATF for guidance. Any respectable FFL in the US will know how to ship the gun. As long as its not illegal to own in Canada, it shouldn't be a problem.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

loggah

It took me over two months to get two barrels shipped from Grande Prairie Alberta. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Thank You Sponsors!