iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer lt15 with diesel

Started by KDEC19, August 18, 2009, 08:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDEC19

Hey had to sell the big mill and edger a year or so back.  Money and the economy forced the issue. :-[  Now i am looking to edge back in with a little mill.  I wanted to see if anyone with first hand experience could give me there opinions on the mill.  I just want to make farm wood.  fencing tree fort for the kids,  barn renovation wood, chicken coop.  It should serve me well i think.  Just wanted to get some input from current lt 15 owners and there opinions and such... thanks alot for the time and all the great pos 8)ts!!!!
gonna do it again......

Magicman

I have no LT15 experience, but I can understand you wanting a mill.  I can't imagine life without a sawmill..... ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

I love my LT-15...and I wish I had the diesel...I'm a big fan of steady torque..hence the Harley and Cummins turbo diesel..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

bandmiller2

Why not set up an old circular mill ,they can be had cheap, you have the space.Throw a shed roof over it when you need a few boards fire it up or if a big job comes along you can handle it.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Don K

If you will type LT 15 in the search function you will get all the info you want. There have been countless posts the last coupla years on the subject. Recently a inquiry was put up on the diesel and got a few replies. The search function is a wonderful tool.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

bandmiller2

Small diesels are dandy but can be a bear to start on a cold winter day.I built a log splitter with a Hatz german diesel,wrong,when it got below freezing forget it, traded it off for a steam engine.If cutting in warm weather the torque and fuel economy is great.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

amberwood

KDEC19..Lt15 well enough has been said. I trailed the diesel last year in Indi, gobs of torque. It is 2 cyl version of the same water cooled Lombardini(now Kohler) engine used on LT40 some years ago. My 1997 is powered by one and it starts first time. Glow plug helps.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

zopi

BLock heater...

Or just warm the engine with a bullet heater prior to operation...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

ladylake

They have a 13.7 hp cat diesel over at the surplus center for $700 that would make a nice small mill engine if you have a welder, torch and some metal. It took me the better part of a week to mount my Isuzu where the Kohler used to be, sure glad I did though. Glow plugs sure help starting, without it might start at 80 above, with them right down to 0 and most times I only saw  at 10 above and warmer.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Slabs

And to think that I had to wait for my MF165(Perkins) to cool down this afternoon after I choked it down before I could restart.  Yeah, I know.  The battery is getting old.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Thank You Sponsors!