iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 15 Wide full alignment

Started by Woodslabs, November 12, 2020, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodslabs

Hi All,

I am doing a full alignment and iv ran into some issues.

- I replaced the blade wheel belts and put a blade on (no rollers)
- I set the mill to 15 inches

On the Drive side the mill is 15 and 1/4 before roller deflection.  The idle side is 15 and 1/8.  I called woodmizer and they told me that i need to tilt the idle side wheel.  

Maybe the mechanism is broken on my mill but I tried turning both bolts  in and out and not much happens.  Manual says 1/4 turn.  I find that if i tighten the bottom bolt when there is resistance i can tilt the wheel more out of position.  The top bolt only gains resistance when its almost all the way in.  when I measure with the clip on blade measuring tool and a straight edge the best i can do is being a 1/8 off from one side to the other (with straight edge across the bed .

Also playing with the tilt did not solve my issue of being at 14 and 1/8 without deflection.

Can someone explain how the tilt mechanism works on the idle blade wheel?  is it the same as the blade guide rollers?
check out www.woodslabs.ca

Woodslabs

I messed around with it some more and got it to even out.  I noticed however that the tracking bolt moved down as I adducted the wheel tilt.  Is this normal?
check out www.woodslabs.ca

busenitzcww

I thought there was a bolt you could tighten that held the bearings that ride up and down on the drive side? This would cause the whole head to become parallel with the bed? Maybe I'm miss understanding?

Thank You Sponsors!