iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking for handset circle sawyers

Started by leastofthese, January 10, 2010, 04:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leastofthese

howdy, i'm looking to see and talk to some sawyers in the louisiana area. i'd also like to come and see their operations if possible. i'm currently in the deridder area and am interested in the old handset mills. any help within several hours would be appreciated. thanks.

pineywoods

Welcome, can't help with the circle mills. Years ago there were plenty, but none of them left around here. Lot's of bandmills tho. I know of 12 in union parish, probably another one or two hiding back in the sticks..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

jimparamedic

the old hand set is still used we are just fewer and further between so if you have questions fire away Im sure someone here can help

Sprucegum

Now its under a foot of snow - ya might want to stay in Louisiana  :D  ::)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search.

leastofthese

thanks for the replies, i'll keep searching.

KyTreeFarmer

Hey Welcome and good luck with your search. I will ask my brother in S. Arkansas if he knows of any.

KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

Meadows Miller

Gday

Welcome to the forum Leastofthese  ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) Thats two Circ Blokes in the one week  :o :) ;) :D ;D 8) 8) Dont let those Bandmilln Bandits try steering you toward the dark side Mate  ;) :D :D :D :D

Im alittle south of you  ;) im willing to help in any way a good thing to get you started is a copy of cirular sawmills and thier efficiant operation Pm me you email and ill send you a pdf copy its a must read for anyoe looking to become a sawyer  ;) anything else just start firing away  ;) the main thing to work out for a start is what your aiming to do with the mill parttime or fulltime milling and what sort of logs size'length  species ect will help us help you nut things out Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!