iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Liquidation Auctions for woodworking equipment

Started by Alligator, July 13, 2014, 11:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alligator

In searching around for pictures of a Newman/Whitney B-8 Planer I ran across this website. They aooear to cater to the woodworking industry, some sawmills in the past. I know we are not suppose to post specific auctions. This site has many on going auctions with a lot of equipment that could be relevant to sawmill / machine people. forklifts, planers, saws, molders, matchers, bandsaws, resaws, banders, you name it. They call themselves IRSAUCTIONS which seems a bit deceptive since they have nothing to do with "THE IRS". They are Industrial Recovery Service. They seem to cover the east coast. Most every thing seems to be selling fairly low, with a few exceptions.

http://www.irsauctions.com/index.asp   

Hope you find that thing you can't live without. :)
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

Larry

The reason they seem low is because most times you will have to pay a buyers premium.  Than if you can't carry the item out, you might need to provide proof of insurance or hire a rigger.  Some riggers are excellent...some are high priced and break stuff.  Read and understand the auction terms.

At any of these industrial auctions the true value of machines are found.  Even with the pitfalls mentioned there are real bargains.  You won't find these auctions in the paper or advertized locally.  Get on the mailing list or request email notification.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

leroy in kansas

Quote from: Larry on July 13, 2014, 12:15:04 PM
The reason they seem low is because most times you will have to pay a buyers premium.  Than if you can't carry the item out, you might need to provide proof of insurance or hire a rigger.  Some riggers are excellent...some are high priced and break stuff.  Read and understand the auction terms.

At any of these industrial auctions the true value of machines are found.  Even with the pitfalls mentioned there are real bargains.  You won't find these auctions in the paper or advertized locally.  Get on the mailing list or request email notification.

+ one on the riggers. I've bought quite a lot of stuff through irsauctions. I've had a few items that I didn't want broken, so I slipped the forklift driver an extra 20 and it got loaded without damage. Worked for me.

Thank You Sponsors!