iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logmaster LM 6 info

Started by arnltd, November 03, 2019, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnltd

I am new to sawmilling ( and new FF member) and purchased a LM6 without properly researching the Logmaster Company history/status. I need any links to LM6 Operating and service docs. I have a fair size patch of timber with walnut and oaks and interested in producing slabs.
I have ample heavy equipment to move logs and sawed lumber but have never operated a sawmill.
I did see a post on FF on a LM4 and blade tension adjustment which I think is similar to my LM6. Any help appreciated.

47sawdust

For better response you may want to move your post to the sawmill section of the forum.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

tacks Y

Welcome to the FF arnltd. I have a LM3, not many LM owners here. The manual for mine is of little value. I have called the company, they are /were back making small mills. I run 6k psi on my blade tensioner. I saw a LM6 on Ebay a year or 2 ago. Hydraulic drive, JD engine. 

tacks Y

nico7019

Quote from: arnltd on November 03, 2019, 11:14:40 AM
I am new to sawmilling ( and new FF member) and purchased a LM6 without properly researching the Logmaster Company history/status. I need any links to LM6 Operating and service docs. I have a fair size patch of timber with walnut and oaks and interested in producing slabs.
I have ample heavy equipment to move logs and sawed lumber but have never operated a sawmill.
I did see a post on FF on a LM4 and blade tension adjustment which I think is similar to my LM6. Any help appreciated.
Good morning ,
I am a member of this Forum, since I work in the timber sector and on this occasion I was looking for a support to receive technical information regarding a mobile band saw from the company Logmaister, the model is an LM6. I tried to contact the solcietà by e_mail but always with negative results. So I tried here and ask for help to get information on the LM6.
I look forward to hearing from you. Greetings, Nicola

Old Greenhorn

I did some work on a LogMaster edger back in the late fall. I had good success calling them on the phone. They no longer make that machine but were very helpful in sourcing and making parts. I did not tery email with them, some folks are just not email types. :D
 Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

tacks Y

Welcome aboard 7019.

Where are you from? The LM3 I had was pretty simple and robust. Are you having problems or just looking for imfo? Ther should not be any parts you can not find else where. Photo eyes or set works?

Migal

I've owned a LM2 since 02/2012, mine has a caterpillar belt drive but really Herman told me other than blade size and horsepower they are pretty much the same, mine is all hydraulic except the drive and it uses a centrifugal clutch. I've scanned the owner's manual if you like.
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!