iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

L53/L200 owners

Started by K-Guy, December 04, 2019, 12:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Guy

Hi Guys
Do you want to show off your kiln?

We are looking for a picture of a L53 and a L200 in a kiln to put on our manuals.

Thanks
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Southside

What about a Beer Can Kiln?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

K-Guy

Quote from: Southside on December 04, 2019, 12:45:06 PMWhat about a Beer Can Kiln? 

@YellowHammer 

any idea who southside is talking about?? ;D 
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Andries

I see a Kodak Moment here that @K-Guy will appreciate . . . . 🤔
Kramer, from the Seinfeld show, on a beauty of a New Holland tractor, enthusiastically forking a big load of Hobby Hardwood into a kiln. 
It's all fun and games until the beer can starts to crunkle. 😨 

.... YH, takes a strong and confidant man to reveal some things around here ..... 👍
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

Nyles new slogan. "It takes a beatin' and keeps on heaten'..." :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

YellowHammer

So they always say it didn't happen if there weren't any photos, but here is the rest of the beer can story.  I can laugh at it now, but at the time, there was more cussing than laughing.  Well, after awhile, there was laughing, too.    

I still remember to this day, my phone call back to Nyle, extension 212.  "Hey, this is Robert, is Stan there?  Yeah, I need to talk to him.  My kiln is having an issue...."

I swore @K-Guy , Stan to secrecy when it happened, and true to his word, he never mentioned it, except to me and the need to know folks at Nyle, who got a good laugh out of it as I rebuilt it with bits and parts from them and local electrical supply houses here.  After a week or so, the machine was alive and running, looking pretty good, and has been in service ever since.  I'll never forget trying to rewire the thing, I called Stan asking about the manual, and he said don't worry, he had the wiring diagram memorized because he's put so many together, and he recited the wiring by memory.  I was pretty impressed.  

At the customsawyer project, I decided to tell a few stories on myself, and this is one of them.  Things not to do with a shipping container kiln.  The other stories will come up from time to time, if anybody remembers them.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

Another slogan could be a pun on another similar industry producer that makes commercials of engineers dropping boats and such on their units...

Picture the commercial now, as mentioned above there is Kramer, driving a massive, 4 WD, brand new New Holland tractor, pushing a 100' long stack of walnut lumber, in the background one can see mayhem as a bunch of customers run from a bull in a parking lot and to the other side a chicken is being carried over to the kiln by a guy in a cowboy hat carrying a hatchet... As 100' of lumber are being pushed into 40' of kiln you hear in Forest Gumps voice "It takes a Nyle to stop a train..." just then the kerunch of aluminum can be heard along with a few sparks and some smoke for dramatic effect roll out of the kiln doors, as the camera pans in there lies a shaken, but not stirred, L200 humming along....  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

YellowHammer

I like it, everything sounds good, time for an Emmy.
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

WDH

Stan, this one for the L53 may not work for you as it shows two supplemental mechatronics fans on the corners of the baffle table :).

What it does show is the unit with the fans above the baffle table, the stand for the unit to get it to the right height off the floor, the dry and wet bulb sensors with the water bottle on the front right, the intake vent on the back bottom left and the exhaust vent on the front upper right, the Nyle door seal kit for sealing the doors, 4' wide plywood on the floor to serves as a guide when loading the kiln with a wood 4' wide pallet, timbers on the plywood for the pallet runners, and the interior of the chamber sealed with the aluminum roofing paint. 

You could photoshop out the two supplemental fans on the baffle deck ( :)), however, the supplemental fans really boost the air flow to even out the drying.  In fact, at present, there are two more of the fans with one on each side of the dehumidification unit between it and the corner fans.

Now for a little shameless self promotion ;D.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

boardmaker

Good looking setup Danny.

I think SS's story has every bit of folklore I've ever heard about DH kiln drying all wrapped up in one storyline.  

K-Guy

@WDH 
Thanks Danny but our marketing guy wants the logo visible but it is a nice setup.  ;D
Nyle Service Dept.
- D. Adams

K-Guy

@YellowHammer 

You left out that I sent the company plane for you last week.
Nyle Service Dept.
- D. Adams

YellowHammer

It seems that Nyle may consider offering me a job, as one of my requirements was use of their company plane.  Well, Stan sent the plane to pick me up, but some assembly required.

YellowHammerisms:

customsawyer

Y'all killing me. You don't want any pictures of my unit. First reason is because I haven't been able to get all the chicken blood off the door. Man that stuff really stains. Second reason is my unit is so old it has gray hair and a beard covering the logo.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!