iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some of us are lucky.

Started by Jeff, January 05, 2022, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tonight I was reading some posts and noticed as  i read them, I also was hearing them. This happens when I know the poster personally somehow, mostly in person meetings enable it, but sometimes just a video.  

Tonight I could hear Danny's voice and Lynn's and Chet's voices just like they were here when I read, as well as many others. Now Ray, @thecfarm , sometimes I have to read his 2 or 3 times to hear him correctly. ;)

Gotta lotta friends. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jmouton

i do the same thing kinda, jeff , with the people i have met over the years in person at the pig roast or at jakes ,,  reading their stories and i can hear them telling the stories , its pretty kool to know people around the country that like the same thing i do
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2022, 08:46:39 PM......

Gotta lotta friends. :)
Indeed you do Jeff, and well you should. Perhaps even more than you know.
 I wish I had your skill, if I did, I would appreciate the writing more, I think. While I don't hear the voice but I do hear the manner of speaking, as in the tone cadence and inflection, but aside from one or 3 members I just haven't spent enough time to get the voices into my head in the way you have. I am just not that quick. :D
 Given the wide geographical area our members cover and the accents and nuances of speech, it must be very interesting to hear the sound in your head. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

You wouldn't want to be in there. It would be like riding in a washing machine strapped to the front of a rollercoaster all on a random pause/reset function.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

hacknchop

Not sure you want to know about the voices in my head,but I know that things go a lot smoother if I listen to voice in Rhonda's head.

I have never met any of the members that are on the forum but I'll admit that I definitely have created ideas of what they are like and I do look forward to meeting them and seeing how far off the mark my ideas are.
Often wrong never indoubt

customsawyer

When meeting someone from the forum for the first time it is sometimes odd. They don't sound a bit like they type.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

My voice has gave me away more than once.  ;D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedarman

I vividly remember the sights and sounds in the restaurant the first time I met Customsawyer. He knows what I am talking about.  It became hilarious. I hear him very well when I read him.
Everytime I see Raider Bill on here I hear a goose honking wildly.  Get him in a group and after a few beers have him relive the goose story.  I hear him talking when I read his posts.
Jeff, I too hear voices.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

I can hear the posts, too.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scsmith42

Quote from: customsawyer on January 06, 2022, 05:24:28 AM
When meeting someone from the forum for the first time it is sometimes odd. They don't sound a bit like they type.
I remember you telling me that same thing the first time that we met at your place.

I was afraid to ask you what I "should" have sounded like..... lol.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

firefighter ontheside

That was one of the great things about going to the roast.  Everyone I met I can now read their posts in their correct voice.  The ones I've yet to meet, I still have to imagine their voice.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

mike_belben

I hope to make it to a pigroast one day.   be nice to meet yall in the flesh
Praise The Lord

21incher

I'm not lucky but I recently thought I was hearing a familiar  voice in my head. Turned out it wasn't comming from within but I was convinced it was.  I cut 2 pieces for a project short in my shop. Realized what I did and then proceeded to blame and curse out the saw for my mess up. Well I started hearing  a familiar voice in my head pointing  out there  is help available  for issues like mine. It was the darn Amazon Alexa that must listen for angry cursing and then speaks up to calm you down. I pulled her plug after that. 
I definitely would  love to attend a  pig roast someday.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

trimguy

Thank You Sponsors!