iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad Note

Started by Jim_Rogers, June 26, 2022, 11:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Hello All,

It is with a tear in my eye and a heavy heart that I let you all know that Will Beemer (a member here, screen name "Heartwood") passed away peacefully at home Thursday June 23rd in the afternoon.  

Will was a one-of-a-kind guy, a leader in the timber framing world, and a mentor to many and good friend of mine.
He will be missed by so many.

There will be no services.  

He was the previous owner of the Heartwood School located in western Massachusetts. And author of the book "Learn to Timber Frame."

Take care and God bless.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

barbender

Sorry to heat that, Jim. My condolences.
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

Condolences to family, friends, and all.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chilterns

Oh dear - thank you Jim for letting us all know that another one of the TFG old guard is gone.

I first met Will at Franklin Pearce College, New Hampshire back in 1994 where The Guild was building a scissor braced gazebo designed by Ed Levin and now they are both no longer with us and even that building has also gone.

By way of hommage to Will I ordered up a copy of his book "Learn to TIMBER FRAME" and following receipt and review of same I thought this this was well written by Will and nicely presented by Storey Publishing. This book now stands testament to Will's working life experience and lays down a significant contribution to our better understanding of the craft of timber-framing.

logman

Wow, very sorry to hear that.  I met him in Annapolis when they had an event there a few years ago.  I enjoyed listening to him sing and play guitar.  
LT40HD, 12' ext, 5105 JD tractor, Genie GTH5519 telehandler
M&K Timber Works

Brad_bb

Godspeed Will Beemer.  His legacy will live on.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Don P

I'm sorry to read this, a true craftsman with the patience to teach. He was a rare and enjoyable person.

Jeff

So sad to have to add another member to the In Memorium group. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dan_Shade

I'm sorry to see this, I was reading his book a few days ago.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

cib

Rest in Peace Will.

John S

Sorry to hear of Will's passing.  I took the TF class at Heartwood about 12 years ago.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

classicadirondack

My grandmother used to tell us "Death comes not with the last breath, rather with the last time your name is spoken".   Likely that Will Beemer will live forever.

Planeiron

Really sad to hear this news. I only knew of him from his excellent timber framing book but he seemed like a great fellow. I'm sure many timber frames made under his instruction will survive a great many years.

CJ

Certainly a true mentor in the timber frame world. Sad for sure. And while we are on the subject, if anyone knew Scouter Joe from Northern Ontario, sadly, Joe passed away last May at the age of 70 from his battle with cancer. I was out to see him a few times, as he had taken an interest in my timber frame build.
 I can say that I could not hold a candle to Joe's talent in building log homes. His setup on his property was incredible, to say the least. The man was a bull when it came to work. He was truly a very good human-being. RIP Joe.

scsmith42

RIP Will.

JIm, thx for sharing.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!