iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Illinois storms

Started by jtmccallum, July 22, 2006, 10:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtmccallum

I made a trip to East Alton Ill. this week to check on some damage at the airport this week.  I was just wondering how our FF folks made out. Looks like Buzz, Kevin H. and a few others are near here.  They say the control tower was evacuated when sustained winds reached 80 Knots.  ....John
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Kevin_H.

Well we kinda missed the whole thing, just got back today from colorado, but everything was still standing. the answer machine was full and we gots lots of sawing to do in the next 10 days.

I do understand that some of the windows at the new bush stadium got knocked out.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

JimBuis

We are in Godfrey, lost power for about 7 hours, but okay now.  My Mom is in Alton, near Milton Road, lost power on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m., got power back on Saturday afternoon at about 2 p.m.  My house in Lebanon has some limbs down and lost power for awhile, but the house is empty right now so no problem.  My son-in-law has a bunch of rental properties, he's been working since Wednesday to haul away branches, cut up fallen trees, etc. and he's nowhere near done.  He has about another week of work before he is finished with the cleanup.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

VA-Sawyer

John,
Would you be any relation to a fella called Watcha-McCallum ? He was a pilot over in the Danville area back in the 70's.

IL Bull

My sister in law in St Louis was still out of power as of last night.
In central IL we have limbs down mut nothing much worse than that. ::)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

jtmccallum

VA-Sawyer,  No relation to Watcha McCallum.  Haven't been asked that in 25 years, now I've been asked twice in 1 month.  He was abroker with big ads in Trade A Plane wasn't he.  Jim, is Steve-Bob's BBQ still in Godfrey, I haven't made it there this year.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Buzz-sawyer

JT ...watcha doin down here in my neck of the woods and not stopping by for a tour of the mill....... ??? ??? ;)
Do you have family down here.....the airport is not even 15 minutes from me. :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

jtmccallum

Buzz,  I apologize for missing your post, read it  just now.  I am out here now until Wed. at least.  This project is getting waaay too drawn out.  :(  I'll send you a IM with a ph. #.  I did finally get to see the Springfield mile today.  8) 8)  Good racing and and a close finish. 
                           John

Thank You Sponsors!