iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Why?

Started by jon12345, January 22, 2007, 12:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon12345

Why doesn't  'updated topics' button show updated topics? :'( Is anyone else experiencing this or am I the only one?  Of course if your updated topics isn't working either you will probably never see this  :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Don P

I don't know nuthin bout birthin babies.

i've had it go out if I've recently cleaned up my cookies and history and temporary files.
I also get bumped alot and if it has connected to the forum but I haven't seen anything before being disconnected, it assumes I'm up to date and so is empty when I try again.

Don't know if either is along the right track or not  ???

Tom

Unread posts since last visit, new replies to your posts and latest 50 posts all work for me.

You might be surprised at how many members don't rely on those aids.  Most of us dive in and read everything there is to read.  So, most of us would see your post whether the aids worked or not.  :)

thecfarm

I saw ya jon12345.Mine are working fine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JimBuis

I use those buttons constantly.  Most of the time they work fine, but I have noticed that when I have been in and out of the forum several times after a while it thinks I have read everything and says there's nothing else new when I have only read two or three things.  Also, sometimes I decide to not use the buttons, go directly to one of the forums, and find that there are a bunch of posts that I had missed for some reason.  In short, I appreciate the buttons a lot, but I cannot rely on them 100% of the time as I confuse the server sometimes with all of my pointing and clicking.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

pineywoods

If you click "read all unread posts since your last visit" and get a one-line message saying none were found, look at the right hand half of the message.  It says "try all unread messages"
click on that and you will get all unread messages without regard to visits.
I use this frequently when I read a few new messages and then get kicked off for one reason or another (like my old homebuilt pc freezes up).
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Radar67

A trick I use is, click on the "Unread Posts since Last visit" and once the screen list comes up, right click on the "NEW" icon...for Internet Explorer select "Open in New Window" and for Firefox select "Open in New Tab". I go thru the list and select all the posts I want to read, then click "Mark as Read" on the remaining posts. I should mention, if there are multiple pages you have to click back on the first page and check out the bottom for posts you may miss otherwise. When you change from one page to the next, the software consolidates the posts and takes out the ones you have opened in the new windows or tabs. After you try it a time or two, you will see what I mean. Once I finish reading all the posts, I do it again for anything new posted since I started.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Onthesauk

Make sure you're still logged in.  On some sites, when you've deleted cookies, you have to log in again.  (Although, if you're posting, guess you're probably logged in.) ::)
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Jeff

I never use any of those things. Never have.  By only looking at what is new I feel I lose out by not recognizing those things that I may have read but wanted to look at again.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I use 'Show unread posts since last visit', 'Who's Online' and then I go through the individual boards because there are some things I want to see again, especially with lots of photos, and yes, even some of my own threads. You tend to do that I think if your a little proud of something you've contributed. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jon12345

Just a hiccup I guess, after I clicked on the blue link below the date, and the black link that shows up lower on the screen - several times, it started to work again  :) 
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker