iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for Loggers in NC and southern VA

Started by Glenn1, January 31, 2015, 09:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn1

I was wondering how many loggers from North Carolina or southern Virginia are on this site?  Are you an independent harvester or do you work for a large company?

I am setting up operations near Winston Salem and would like to be able to work with loggers who support this forum. 

Thanks,
Glenn
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

clww

I'm in Virginia Beach, which is as far south as it goes. ;D
I work for a company as a sub timber cutter. I cut them, and they take care of the rest of it. Right now all our wood travels south to Elizabeth City, NC.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

treeslayer2003

Southside

Independent owner operator. 50 miles north of the NC /VA border on I-85
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Glenn1

Hello,

I am looking to buying  some sycamore and white oak for quarter sawing, walnut, cherry, and hard maple.  Logs need to be better than average quality and I am willing to pay a premium for them. 

Glenn
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

smwwoody

I am a little further north in Buckingham county right in the middle of the state.  I cut for a large company but I do cut some on my own.  We do truck into NC some times.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

thompsontimber

We are located in western NC near the SC line, though dealing logs up to Winston could certainly be possible.  Have a concentration yard, a company crew, and subcontractors of every shape and size available. Might be able to help you out.

Thank You Sponsors!