iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hauling wood

Started by bandmiller2, December 21, 2014, 08:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

The real killer in humping wood is lifting the big chunks. Years ago I made a 6' ramp from an aluminum extrusion with an expanded metal top. Two angled pieces fit over the back of a pickup, the whole thing is light and handy. My wood is hardwood logs that don't make the grade for milling, cut into chunks I can roll even the big ones into my truck. At home my splitter has a lift to put the chunks on the splitter bed. Save your back and work smart. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Mn woodchuck

I'd like to see that. Maybe something i could make.
Pics ??
to soon oldt to late schmart!
3 husky 350xps 340xp 362 346. 372xp McCullough 710.and a jonsered 2150 sopped up..
Cat D6 D2

beenthere

Add a lift to the tail of the pickup. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bandmiller2

Beenthere funny you should mention that my old truck was a one ton stake dump. I made a lift that fit in the receiver hitch and plumbed it into the dump hydraulics. It would pivot from the ground right into the bed. Frank C.

bandmiller2

Woodchuck, sorry on the picture thing. The lift just pivots up on the back side of my hydraulic splitter and then acts like a table for half of a big chunk to rest on until I can get to it to split. Frank C.

thecfarm

Sounds like a good idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!