iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for Planer Blades and Bandsaw Blade Sharpening Info

Started by cloair, January 01, 2008, 02:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloair

I am looking for a couple old heavy duty planer blades 1/4" thick to make drawknives out of.  Would like 3 to 4 12" pieces anyone know where I could find some? I also just bought a woodmizer blade sharpener any tutorials out there on how to sharpen bandsaw blades? I have Munkfors blades so I also need a cam for the sharpener, where can I get that, I will check with menominee saw tomorrow? Thanks
Woodmizer Lt 30, Ford 555d Backhoe, JD 450B Dozer

logwalker

If you have any old cams with the sharpener that you aren't using you can take your time and grind them to work for the Munks. I did that with the one I have. I bought a couple super sharps bands from cook's to see what he was bragging about. But I needed a cam to sharpen them as they have a very steep rise on the back of the tooth. It worked and didn't take to long. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

beenthere

cloair
Where are you located?  not in your bio.. ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

theorm

Try your local golf course. The reel mowers have a stationary blade that is 18" to 24" long. They only last thru so many sharpenings, then get recycled. The blades have a cross-section of about 1/4 by 2". Ask for the maintenance guy that keeps the mowers running.

Theo
8)
The essence of loyalty is reciprocity.

cloair

Beenthere I live by Duluth, MN.  Theorm, thanks for the idea of the mower blades I am friends of  a local golf course owner, I will check with him.  Logwalker, the sharpener should be here Thurs. I will check out the cams, should be able to grind one to work, Thanks for the good information. I will also updat my bio.
Woodmizer Lt 30, Ford 555d Backhoe, JD 450B Dozer

jpgreen

Quote from: logwalker on January 01, 2008, 03:10:50 PM
If you have any old cams with the sharpener that you aren't using you can take your time and grind them to work for the Munks. I did that with the one I have. I bought a couple super sharps bands from cook's to see what he was bragging about. But I needed a cam to sharpen them as they have a very steep rise on the back of the tooth. It worked and didn't take to long. Joe

How did you like those Super Sharps LW?
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!