iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

portable mill - Northern VA area (near Leesburg)

Started by brownj, December 18, 2014, 11:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownj

Anyone on the forum?

I posted a while back about  my pines.  I have about 25-30 growing in a horseshoe around my house.

I've been waiting on cutting them down until I decided what to do with them. I think milling them for lumber would be my best bet.

I dont think 25-30 trees would justify my buying a mill, so I am looking to hire someone. Especially, if they are willing to discount labor for some of the lumber.

Thanks!

beenthere

There is a wanted section, and pics of the trees would be helpful for soliciting comments.

Hope you find a solution.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

John357

I don't know Brown, I bought my mill for fewer trees than that!   ;D

John
Woodland Mills HM126

Magicman

MMmmmm lets see.  If you will schedule it immediately after the first Saturday in August.  Mileage, room & board, and $60 per hour sawing for three days.

Wow, I just figured out how to finance my next  Pig Roast trip.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

See if you can contact Forum member "Sawmill Buddy".   He is near the Point of Rocks bridge.  Or I can be Magicman's offbearer in August.  ;D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Now on a serious note; call Wood-Mizer and they will recommend a sawyer on their Pro Sawyer Network.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!