iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln door?

Started by WoodChucker, July 19, 2004, 01:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodChucker

When I made my kiln doors today I forgot to put the plastic vapor barrier in one of the doors. Is this a big deal and is there anything I could do to it that would help? Thanks!

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Don_Lewis

Depends. How was it insulated?

WoodChucker

Hi Don, it has 3 inches of the Super Tuff R, I think thats what they call it, anyway it's the good stuff, inside the 2X4 studs and I left a 1/2" air space with holes top and bottom to help the air circulate. Then I have 1.5 inches of the blue foam and another 1/2" of that Super Tuff R on the inside face of the doors. Then the 1/2" CDX plywood covered with aluminum paint on the inside. Just a little over R-30. I used a VB on everything else, even the other door, but I forget it when I made the first door, think I should do anything about it, or will it be ok? Thanks!

R.T.  
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

GF

Most of the time the insulation board will have vapor barriers of some type on them.  Even the pink and blue board have a thin layer of clear on them for the vapor barrier.  You may go there the manufacturers website and in the past I have even called them about this type of question.

Don_Lewis

You should be okay with it as it is. The poly usually gets so poked with nail holes, it is only partially effective. Worth doing because it is cheap but it would not be worth taking it apart to add it.

WoodChucker

OK, thanks for the info guys, glad to hear it will be ok the way it is. Now if the rain ever stops I might get it done. :)

R.T.

Thank You Sponsors!