iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

225 transfer case swap

Started by Hans1, January 25, 2010, 09:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans1

Hello  I finally found a transfer case for my 225 timber jack I was wondering if there was any tricks or shortcuts that would make this easier i have removed the winch and will probaly start tomarrow thanks in advance.

Mark K

Have fun! not that bad of a job, removing the winch will help alot with room to work. What year machine? What happened to old one? I rebuilt mine, wasn't to bad but not cheap either.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

timberjack240

you dont have a big job ahead of ya take the winch off or at least slide if back and a couple bolts and a cpl hoeses and some drivleines and a cpl other lil odds and ends im prolly forgettin and out they come  .. only trick i have is we use a pretice loader or a log truck. not everybody has that option but it makes it handy. we put electrical tape around the universals to hold the caps on and clean the bolts up so they thread in easy. when you get those holes linesd up puttin it back together you dont wanna be wastin time if w/e you have it hooked to is leakin down .. really not a bad job tho at all

bushmechanic

The hardest part of that job is getting the four mounting bolts out because they are hid away and hard to get wrenches on the bolt heads.A word to the wise if you separate your driveline yokes make sure you line them back up when you reassemble them or you will get an awful chatter when you turn the machine,the higher the speed the more noise.Good luck. 

Hans1

Thanks for the tips it went pretty well.The old case was cracked and brazed back together then it finally cracked again leeaked the oil and self destructed. Wasnt to bad used the tractor loader I could fit both in the shop so we had heat will get the winch back on tomarrow and hopefully drive it out of the shop.

Thank You Sponsors!