iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Adjusting the carb on my new saw

Started by 21ftnitro, March 15, 2015, 09:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21ftnitro

Hello everybody. I'm a new guy. I have been reading along with you guys for awhile but this is my first post. I bought myself a new echo cs590 about a month ago. I've been cutting up some dead oak for fireplace and smoker. I ran about 3 tanks of gas through it and seems to run great. After reading several posts on hear about saws coming from the factory running to lean. I watched the very good video that one the members posted about adjusting the carb. It was actually a 590 in the video. This saw had no 4 stroke at all except for the rev limiter. It just screams in the cut. I decided just to feel safer about it that i wanted fattin it up some
So of corse the limiter caps wont let you open up the high side any more than it is. So they had to go. I used the wood screw method. Worked like a charm. Exept a little plate piece with notches that engaged the limiter pegs came off as well. It didn't seem to effect anything. So i proceeded on. I soon figured out that it a hairs difference between 4 stroking and not. It was definitely harder than it looked. So the end result is a little 4 stroke we you ease up and then just the same scream when you apply some pressure. Long winded i know. What do you guys think. Am i were i want to be.

Andyshine77

Sounds like you watched my video. :) The good thing about the carb on the cs-390 is the fact it has a bypass, that allows the H jet to provide something like 75% of required fuel, even with the needle seated. This prevents immediate damage, but in the long run you'd still see excessive wear. It sounds like your tuning is set correctly. When tuning in the wood, remember to start out rich, and slowly lean the mixture out as you cut. As soon as she clears out, you're good to go.     
Andre.

21ftnitro

Thanks Anddyshine77. Thats a great video. This saw should last me a long time. I just wanted to make sure i do what i can to help it.

JohnG28

If you have any doubts then I'd say open it up a little more rich. Gives you a little room for error, better safe than sorry! Sounds like you have a good handle on things though. Enjoy the new saw!
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

oldgunner

Andyshine77

Quote from: oldgunner on March 17, 2015, 10:03:15 PM
Where can I find the video?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjb9_UIgSdY&list=UUDzYN6LbndM64YHQp_JOb4Q
Andre.

Thank You Sponsors!