iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FINISHED MY NEW SAW SHED

Started by tom_the_sawyer, May 12, 2002, 05:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom_the_sawyer

MAN WHAT ADIFFERENCE HAVING A CEMENT FLOOR WITH A ROOF AND ENCLOSED SIDES I GOT A LOAD OF HEMLOCK DELIVERED FRIDAY  SO I STARTED SAWING ON SAT FOR A ORDER OF 450 10 FT 1X8 TOOK MY TIME AND BFORE I KNEW IT I CUT 485 35 TO MANY BUT ILL SELL THEM TOOK ME A TOTAL OF 13.5 HOURS NOT BAD FOR A MANUAL MILL  HAVING A BUILDING DESIGNED FOR MY MILL MADE ALLL THE DIFFERENCE AS I BY MY LOGS AND JUST TAKE ORDERS LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING BUSY EVEN IN WINTERTIME AS I PUT A RADIANT HEAT FLOOR IN NEXT PROJECT IS A KILN

Rick-Wi

Tom, What a differance a shed makes.. No rain on the head, Open the doors, and a good breeze. The only think I see bad on ours is no cure for the dust yet..

Rick-Wi

John_Boisselier

What type of radiant floor did you put in, and what did it cost you?  I don't know why We haven't thought about that for mill use, but we've seen it used for lots of commercial and high end residential uses.
The Woodsman

tom_the_sawyer

john I have a good friend who owns a supply company he gave me a good deal used this insulation kinda like bubble wrap clear plastic on one side foil on the other  then I ran 1200 ft of orange tubing called pex tubing wire tied it to mesh my floor is 24 x 32 counting 5 inches of cement it cost me 1700 700 was for concrete I have a wood fired burner boiler ill burn my scrap wood and also use it to heat a kiln im building

RavioliKid

I would like to put in a radiant heat cement floor in my new garage. I have hopes of putting in a shop - however, Dad has my tools in the first garage. Maybe we should just put a new floor in the old garage and just do a basic one for the new garage.

RavioliKid

Thank You Sponsors!