iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Battery saw workout.....

Started by upnut, July 15, 2020, 06:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnut

Had a small area of overgrown brush and debris that needed cleaned up, decided to use the little battery saw exclusively, really it's all I needed...

A dozen loads like this later....

The project looks like this...

Started with a new sawchain and two freshly charged batteries, and a couple hardworking teenagers dragging and loading brush. Ten hours, four recharges, and a couple snacks and lunch later I was satisfied with the results. 

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

doc henderson

upnut, that looks great.  how much time did the two teenagers add to the project !!!   :D :D :D.  good training and hopefully they were some help.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

upnut

Doc- I told my wife these kids restore my hope for humanity....smart, hard working, and very respectful. They have been through adversity (Mom committed suicide) and have persevered with the guidance of a hard working single Dad. They have been painting barn for me and do an excellent job, you can tell they have been well coached. Dragging brush is no fun, but they stuck with it!

Scott B.

doc henderson

I figured they would exceed my "comment expectations" (or I would not have joked about it) and I am glad to hear it.  good for you and the rest of us.  sounds like they have had some hard times and are more grown up than a lot of kids.  my kids are good, but have not had to struggle much.  cannot blame the kids for that.  :(  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Tom King

Good kids!  I wish I could do something for them.

Looks great!  One thing about cordless saws, they're easy to start.

Air Lad

Great stuff upnut. smiley_thumbsup
The results are there for all to see. smiley_clapping

Walnut Beast

Quote from: upnut on July 15, 2020, 07:23:18 PM
Doc- I told my wife these kids restore my hope for humanity....smart, hard working, and very respectful. They have been through adversity (Mom committed suicide) and have persevered with the guidance of a hard working single Dad. They have been painting barn for me and do an excellent job, you can tell they have been well coached. Dragging brush is no fun, but they stuck with it!

Scott B.
Your a good man. They will remember you 👍

thecfarm

I keep a area like that cleaned up. In fact I am doing it off and on now. Branches are always falling off. I think about an acre in size.
That looks good.

One area I can get the bush hog in there pretty good. The other area has more trees and is hard to get around. I buy the cheapest push mower I can find. Use to less than $100 when I first started doing the clearing. I call them my mini bush hog.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

upnut

Cfarm- I used a Swisher 42" rough cut trail chopper behind the Grizz for the final passes, stumps and stubs and many years of pine duff requires a more robust approach... :D...have also used push mowers as choppers on occasion!

Scott B.

Air Lad

Quote from: thecfarm on July 16, 2020, 06:51:50 AM
I keep a area like that cleaned up. In fact I am doing it off and on now. Branches are always falling off. I think about an acre in size.
That looks good.

One area I can get the bush hog in there pretty good. The other area has more trees and is hard to get around. I buy the cheapest push mower I can find. Use to less than $100 when I first started doing the clearing. I call them my mini bush hog.  :D

I do a poor mans mulching job by taking limbs down to about an inch round (depending on the hardness/toughness ) and lay the leafy tops along the mowing area and charge an old 42 inch ride on into it till there is mulch spread over the lawn and dirt. The bigger wood goes to the fire.

Thank You Sponsors!