here we go again

Started by ehp, December 21, 2020, 12:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacotodd

Isn't that the way it goes SD?
Trying harder everyday.

Spike60

How 'bout some happy news. :)

Al, we found one of those trucks they don't make anymore. 1991 F150, 2WD, regular cab, 8' box. Two tone dark red and white. Spotless red interior which is another thing nobody makes anymore. Mint condition for a 30 year old truck and only 52,000 miles on it. It was an "old guy" truck that lived in a garage. 15" tires so the tailgate is nice and low. Going to use it as a shop truck for some light P&D, but it's almost too nice to do anything besides the Sunday drives it's been doing for the last 30 years.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Old Greenhorn

Photos or it didn't happen. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

Quote from: Spike60 on May 06, 2021, 06:30:14 AMMint condition for a 30 year old truck and only 52,000 miles on it.  .
:o :o :o :o :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

weimedog

Quote from: Spike60 on May 06, 2021, 06:30:14 AM
How 'bout some happy news. :)

Al, we found one of those trucks they don't make anymore. 1991 F150, 2WD, regular cab, 8' box. Two tone dark red and white. Spotless red interior which is another thing nobody makes anymore. Mint condition for a 30 year old truck and only 52,000 miles on it. It was an "old guy" truck that lived in a garage. 15" tires so the tailgate is nice and low. Going to use it as a shop truck for some light P&D, but it's almost too nice to do anything besides the Sunday drives it's been doing for the last 30 years.
That is really cool, a piece of rolling history :)

Hey, what about clampett truck? It is a 1992 Chev 3500 2wd 1 ton dually from PA with 58,000 original miles. 454, turbo 400 , fifth wheel, trailer brakes, additional transmission cooler....and some crazy paint scheme and no rust ... yet
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Spike60

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on May 06, 2021, 06:59:16 AM
Photos or it didn't happen. :D
Going to put front rotors and wheel bearings in it first, but you can just stop in and see it.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Al_Smith

That old '77 Ford F250 I have has 263 thou on it .It started the last time I started it and likely it still will but it 's tired and an oak limb cracked the wind shield .I paid a whole 900 bucks for it with 150 thou on it .That old duffer doesn't owe me anything .Who knows I might get a wild hair and restore it . :D I've saved sicker cats than that one . On the other hand I might find a decent beater reasonable ,time will only tell .

DHansen

Ford 1992 Bronco.  Tailgates that work!

ehp

I bought the smaller duramax , so far it seems good and is good on fuel . 

Spike once this covid thing is on its way out and everyone gets back to work I feel things will get quite crazy for everyone just to try to keep up 

Southside

In response to your last sentence, Bill Paxton in Twister said it best -- "It's already here"...
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Real1shepherd

Paxton.....RIP.

Kevin

Spike60

Crazy is right Ed. And getting back to work and having stuff to work with is a combo that will contribute to the insanity. All the trades guys around here are struggling to get parts and materials to complete jobs. Probably not a great time to have stuff done if it can be delayed because shortages lead to the use of 2nd or 3rd choice materials or worse. Haven't seen much of it ourselves. One small example: We mostly use NGK plugs. Nobody's got the BPR4ES that goes in most of the Kawis. No Campions. Ended up buying the Torch equivalent. This is going to go on for a while yet.

Lot of free spending going on now with people being depressed from lock downs and free money for not working. But that's going to come to an end when folks realize the prices of necessities like food and energy are climbing and they stop buying things they really don't need.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Al_Smith

I'm not sure if there is a surplus of anything .The price of lumber is about 4 times what it was not that long ago .The engine plant I retired from just laid off the entire plant ,no place to send the engines .During the early 80's it was over 4,000 when I retired around 1,200 .That decline in numbers was due to CNC machinery and robotics which is what I did .
This whole thing is odd, many out of work ,shortages of every thing .In all that everyone of my investments are going through the roof ,that I don't understand . ???

ehp

our lock down is to be over in about 2 weeks but from what I hear they are going to prolong it into June , cops are now charging people for pretty much doing anything like having anything outside with people other than your own family , golf course got charged for being open , lots of crazy stuff going on 

Al_Smith

As far as an actual lock down here it's not, just curtailed .Restaurants that are set up for a distancing conditions most likely can only do about  50 percent .Those with drive through have very long lines but timing is everything if you choose that route .
We usually only buy groceries about every two weeks and that hasn't been bad .I'm not sure yet what that cyber attack on the pipe line will do if anything .Sounds to me it should be next to impossible for some how  some geek with a keyboard can shut down an entire pipeline supplying 45 percent of the gas and diesel for the east coast on the US . I think they have a fly in the ointment some place .

Al_Smith

I got bad news last week, my renter passed away .So now after the family has cleared out his belongings I have a choice of either a new renter  or sell it .
I think it's going to be sell .I'm too old and cranky to get some dead beat renter to deal with .Besides that I have way more in the account for that house than the value and only 2 or 3 years of depreciation left  I can take off my income tax .
It's been a good one though and returned around 8-9 percent of the value every year .The only place you can do that usually is the stock market .
Then I have to deal with capitol gains and how to lesson the pain involved with that .I'm a retired electrician not an accountant but I have a good one because that stuff drives me nuts .

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: Al_Smith on May 09, 2021, 06:52:28 AM.Restaurants that are set up for a distancing conditions most likely can only do about  50 percent .
Yup. Why is it that a restaurant has to have social distance room but planes can have every seat full and the people shoulder to shoulder?
The CDC recently said that you can catch covid from 60 ft away from an infected person in the right "or wrong" conditions. And yet we are still doing the six ft. thing.    Why?  
There is a lot about this that makes you say, "Huh."
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Al_Smith

I have no idea why that's done .Without getting political we've had both shots and follow the mask requirements but we really aren't out and about much these days .I'm not really anti social but if were not for creature comforts I could do just fine in some cabin in the Colorado  rocky mountains away from it all----except the winters in the mountains are cold enough to freeze the business off a brass monkey .I'm not a tough guy like some profess and cold weather is not my cup of tea .

Old saw fixer

I am happy right here at home, seldom leave except for necessities like chainsaw stuff, trips to Costco for meat to grill or smoke, medical/dental appointments and family visits.  Had enough dealing with people when I was a police patrolman and deputy sheriff.  I do hate a mask, it stifles me.
I'd much rather be in the woods with a saw or rifle.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Al_Smith

Regarding chainsaw stuff the old antiques I tinker with the only parts sources  come from the internet .What few Stihl parts I need come from a dealer about 15 miles away .I won't deal with the one two miles away .Actually I get a lot of parts for a lot of things from the internet not just chainsaw parts .I believe in trying to shop local but more times than not it's a wild goose chase or a snipe hunt .----don't get me started :)

thecfarm

Bring me diesel for my tractor and gas and oil for my chainsaw and food for me and I could stay at The Farm and be a happy man.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ehp

Al not sure what land or houses are selling for where you are but here is just crazy and I mean crazy   you ask a crazy price and you get at least 200 grand over asking price and lots just 300 to 500 grand over asking . Just wait a year or 2 and you will be able to but it back for half what they paid .  Lots of people are selling their house and moving and retiring off the money 

Al_Smith

This is a small one, less than 1,000 sq feet two bedroom ,basement  .Built in 1953 .Frame house on a small in town lot .I'm looking at 45-50 thou .It's not anything fancy but in good shape .Fairly new furnace ,central air ,hot water heater, new roof, vinyl sided, new windows 2 1/2  car garage .Almost no upkeep and cheap utilities .I doubt it's on the market very long once I get things squared away .Really at that amount it's cheaper than rent .I've had it out at $475 month .Had he not been such a good renter it would have been another $100 a month .

Al_Smith

This guy was a bigger pack rat than me .I'd imagine it will take his family a month to get his stuff out of the house .Kids toys ,fancy tennis shoes 5 pairs at a time .More clothes than the mens department at JC Penny .I've got half the garage full of basically junk--I've also got a slash pile where I live so some time this summer when I burn brush I've got plenty to  keep the fire going .Old furniture that came over on the Mayflower and other worthless treasures . Lawn chair and a 12 pack of beer and watch it burn . :)

ehp

Here AL that house would be 300 to 400 grand easy . A 1 acre building lot just sold for 340 grand here . Its crazy here  and I have no idea on where the money is coming from or how they are going to pay for houses here 

Thank You Sponsors!