iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

here we go again

Started by ehp, December 21, 2020, 12:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

I feel for you all .These times are a tough time to make a living and raise a family .For me it's just a good time to be retired .

Spike60

Little bit of good news is that my 372's are "out for pick" and will ship today. Ordered them back on Jan 5th.  :o

Most of them are already spoken for; gonna be a lot of saws in the book next week. 
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

My dealer I got the MS 400 from texted me lots today, to say he is abit unhappy with the chainsaw shortage is not even close , He opened the Stihl side last Friday and is to get a bunch more saws and all he has left is a 291 , nothing else and has guys screaming for 50 plus saws , Out west has saws but we sure do not . So no curfew cause they know that is not going to work , alot more job restrictions as of midnight here , closed down everything outside like golf tennis , whatever. You are not to have anybody in your house that does not live in your house full time unless the person lives at his own house by himself and you can only have 1 . They are calling for the Federal govt to stop allowing people from outside of Ontario to land here , close all air flights which is what should of been done a year ago , They started testing people coming off the planes from other parts of the world not very long ago and just at Person airport they have found over 2200 people with covid coming into Ontario

Al_Smith

Not to rub salt in the wound but don't be surprised if this thing doesn't go on for another year .--I'll just stop there ---

ehp

or longer than that here Al, its sure one screwed up mess  up here . We at this point really donot even know the rules cause they keep changing hour by hour here , we will see as we all end up in jail lol

Al_Smith

All this time I thought you lived where the hoot owls romance the chickens .Evidently not !I'm probably more remote than you are .It isn't that bad here from what I see except the price of lumber. You'd think those knotty 2 by 4 pines were fiddle back maple or black cherry .Good grief .
I'm retired  and a grumpy old hermit so this social thing doesn't bother me .I've got plenty to eat, never run out of beer and have tons of junk to work on .I've got Georgia too ,still has blonde hair and still short but no longer the HS cheerleader .Then again my days of hit the ball and touch them all are long behind me :)

ehp

Al, I use to live up north but moved down south here I guess almost 13 years ago . Things are better up north than here as far as lock downs and no parts goes cause they donot get the big jump in population like here with off shore workers which means the farmers need to buy machines , parts or whatever to keep them busy 

Southside

Read an article this morning where a number of law enforcement agencies there in Ontario told the politicians they will not be enforcing this latest round of liberty theft.  I hope things improve for you up there.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

ehp

It's a Real S >:( Show here right now , they closed all the boat ramps so people cannot go fishing and closed alot more people from being able to go to work but we all can go to walmart and shop, it makes zero sense and its 110% all about money , nothing else but money

Andries

Quote from: Southside on April 18, 2021, 10:30:21 AMRead an article this morning where a number of law enforcement agencies there in Ontario told the politicians they will not be enforcing this latest round of liberty theft.  I hope things improve for you up there.  
An update on this. from Toronto's Globe and Mail newspaper headline:
After outcry, Ontario backtracks on police powers to conduct random COVID-19 stops
"Ontario pandemic restrictions announced Friday included new powers for police, but some forces said they wouldn't use them"
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Dave12

Quote from: Southside on April 18, 2021, 10:30:21 AM
Read an article this morning where a number of law enforcement agencies there in Ontario told the politicians they will not be enforcing this latest round of liberty theft.  I hope things improve for you up there.  
They just backtracked on that one. They originally gave law enforcement the power to stop any vehicle for no reason to see if the person/people in the vehicle had a valid reason for not being at home. Law enforcement agencies said...um no, we're not doing that.  Now they've reworded it to say anyone can be stopped if they suspect they are going to some sort of gathering...as if they would ever be able to tell that.  Our government is trying to suck and blow at the same time....as usual.
Just a small time firewood cutter using a Stihl MS500i, MS400c and MS462c

ehp

and things are changing by the hour , I seen on Friday what the doctors had written up for the Govt to follow and let me tell you it was crazy and that is why he put off 3 different times later friday on giving the new orders . I hope they change more stuff on Monday cause things need to be changed

sawguy21

Wow, what an absolute shift show! Our lockdown has been in extended into May, restaurants are allowed to have patios but no indoor dining although we can still get a haircut. Going to check with the local Stihl dealer on supplies tomorrow, I won't deal with the Husky guys.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom King

Looks like the new variant, that is Much more transmissible, will change things for a while.

Al_Smith

I think I might have recently gone 4 months without a hair cut .My record was around 2 years back in my hippie days .I can't figure it out .You get it older it falls off your head and grows wild on your ears and butt .Perhaps it's a  natural rotation of the crops ? ???

Tacotodd

That's why I have clippers for my hair. I always do my best to take it down as low as it will go, like NO guard at all. The wife doesn't like it but if I don't cut it short then I look like a clown. Bald on top and a ring of hair around the rest of the head. ::) I shave it off with a blade occasionally and people freak out when I tell them how I do it, while taking a shower so it's it just goes down the drain, clipper first though. People often wonder how I do it without cutting the snot out of my self. I tell them "easy, I go strictly by feel & don't slide the razor around. That's how I shave also". Raised by a Marine, what can I say. Crewcuts are easy to take care of also, no cowlick that way, or wild hairs that have a mind of their own  sail_smiley
Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

With short hair I only have to make sure I have a clean shirt on when company come over.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

donbj

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 18, 2021, 04:33:06 PM
Wow, what an absolute shift show! Our lockdown has been in extended into May, restaurants are allowed to have patios but no indoor dining although we can still get a haircut. Going to check with the local Stihl dealer on supplies tomorrow, I won't deal with the Husky guys.
Just curious, why not the Husky guys?
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Al_Smith

Big ado about hair .I suppose I'm old enough to be a fuss budget about short hair but it hasn't hit me yet .It might fall out but I'm certainly not going to buzz it off or worse shave it off like a  cue ball . I've never been a conformist about anything .One time submarine sailor which would have been okay if it weren't for all that military stuff .I only put on an act about that ,fooled them all . :D

ehp

Ya I just got a text . I  guess one of the big dealers which I know sent 200 saws of a brand that starts with S to Australia and the head company just found out . Well let's just say things are not good for them lol

Al_Smith

Well now here you go again with company policies .i know Ed has dealt with Caterpillar and so have I but in a much smaller amounts .Cat will some way or another supply any part of any machine they ever made .However the price might be so high nobody could afford it .Then comes this they have inventory amounts for every dealership in the world .If somebody needs a part, say Ed himself and the part is in California on a shelf they will send it .I've had parts shipped from Japan for an old D4 that was built 5 years before I was even born .That speaks volumes .What a chainsaw makers do I have no idea but they don't play by the same rules .-----just saying ---

ehp

when our dollar was like 60 cents compared to the USA dollar I bought and sent alot of saws like 3120's to the other saw builder or builders in the USA cause the saw cost was much cheaper , now husky had no problem with it but stihl didnot like that so I never did stihl but poor old Gypo did and he got lots of letters from stihl telling him to stop now 

ehp

that stihl dealer is not on our side of the country , hell our stihl dealers would not have 200 saws between all of them 

Al_Smith

Since you mentioned it I have a pic of the last 090 Stihl ever sold in Canada and ole Yukon John, Gypo ,Franks Planks sold it ..Larry S ( house of saws ) has it now and i doubt it's ever had gas in the tank .

Dave12

I called 2 local dealers (one tractor dealer that carries Stihl and 1 stand alone dealer) this week looking for a MS400 because I got a brochure in the mail and the MS400 is in it.  Neither of them had one and neither of them knew when they could get one.  The tractor dealer said there was only 10 sent out that were preordered to dealers in the area.  They both confirmed there is a real problem getting saws right now.  I'm glad I don't really "need" it.
Just a small time firewood cutter using a Stihl MS500i, MS400c and MS462c

Thank You Sponsors!