iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The lonliest place in North America.

Started by Jeff, December 29, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I'm being sent to the lonliest place in North America sometime this coming year. I've been told this is a bucket list type trip.   :) ??? :o :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

Congratulations!?  Sorry!?  Curious.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

But whose bucket list is it on?  ::)

Going and being sent have very different meanings.  :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

Stannard Rock: Legendary Fishing At The Loneliest Place In North America
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

sorry if I spoiled the suspense, but after the Christmas contest, I assumed we were being timed... I cannot help myself!   8)   :D   :)

WV Sawmiller

I assumed it was Detroit. Good luck and enjoy.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

K-Guy

Sounds like a good time Jeff. Good luck!!
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Jeff

As long as I don't get a bill fir an insurance policy between now and then, and am met by Captain Guido who says to take a seat next to those chains and cement block anchors.

K-Guy

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Jeff

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on December 29, 2020, 10:01:02 AM
  I assumed it was Detroit. Good luck and enjoy.
This country boy don't do detroit.

doc henderson

scsmith42

"Loneliest place in North America".....  You're going to the Woodshed ???  
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

firefighter ontheside

Sounds like a fun trip.  Hope its a big boat that takes you 25 miles from land.  I've been on Lake Erie fishing and oh my god did that get rough.  We were less than a mile from mainland.  Hope you catch a 60 lb laker.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

Did you ever hear the old joke "If a man is in a boat 100 miles from the nearest woman and he says something, is he still wrong?" Maybe after your upcoming sojourn you can answer that question for all of us once and for all. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Leaving in the morning to start waiting at the cabin for the window to leave for this trip. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Jeff

Ive been Involved in 2 boating related incidents in my life that gives me reservations on this, but hopefully it's the making of a great memory
 For me!

Jeff

Jeff

Don P

You blend right in with the background  :)

aigheadish

That place seems pretty fascinating and makes the adventurer in me want to act as a keeper for a bit to see if it drove me crazy! Have a good trip Jeff!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

doc henderson

you guys do look kinda lonely...  wait who took the pic?   :)  have fun!

Jeff

More to come, but this is the best we could do for a pic of it. Foggy the entire time. 1.5 hrs out, 1 hour in.  27 miles out in the fog. 

mike_belben

Id be pretty creeped out just cruising into the abyss like that. 
Praise The Lord

Jeff

How creeped out would you be when about 10 miles out the captain starts looking at the back of the boat and says we are riding low, then stops the boat to see that we had taken on water from somewhere and pumped the bilges before we got back under way. 

Thank You Sponsors!