Sponsors:

Daily motivational quotes

Started by Walnut Beast, January 08, 2021, 06:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream

51cub

Keenness of observation is the first rule of success

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Magicman

My Dad's favorite and often quoted:  "It's good to know, but it's better to understand."
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tacotodd

Trying harder everyday.

WDH

"You can't catch a rabbit with your dog tied."
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

moodnacreek

My great grandmother; if there's a will, there's a way.

21incher

I think it was Henry Ford that said " If you need a tool and don't buy it you eventually will have paid for the tool and not have it"
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

snobdds

Sometimes it's too expensive to be cheap; so buy once, cry once...

Dakota

The mind is a parachute.......it works best when open
Dave Rinker

Ljohnsaw

My dad's philosophy: Always try to do it.  Worst thing that can happen is you learn not to do it that way again. (You can't succeed if you don't try)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

JJ

"Do or do not.  there is no try"  -Yoda

AK Newbie

This quote I shared with my 3 children as they grew up and chased their dreams...  They all quote it back to me when I get discouraged about a challenging project :)

"If all you see are obstacles, you've lost sight of the goal"
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

whiskers

if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.
many irons in the fire.........

Chuck White

"It's never to late to live Happily Ever After"
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

Old USMC policy statement: "There will be no leave, liberty, mail or pay until morale improves."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Skip

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: whiskers on January 08, 2021, 12:40:52 PM
if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.
Or the corollary: Don't force it, get a bigger hammer.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Don P

Quote from: Skip on January 08, 2021, 02:25:42 PM
The end justifies the means .
Or its moral opposite "The means justifies the end"

Tacotodd

If you can't have fun (and not hurt others), what's the point?

We are all just temporary!

The only thing I'm good for is a bad example 🙃
Trying harder everyday.

jimbarry

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle."

mike_belben

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 08, 2021, 02:14:20 PM
Old USMC policy statement: "There will be no leave, liberty, mail or pay until morale improves."
we heard it as "the beatings will continue until morale improves"  
:'(
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Don't let someone else's opinion of you become your reality.

WV Sawmiller

@mike_belben ,

I was fixing to add that here now but I see you beat me to it a couple of posts back. Yes, that was a common saying.

I could go into the long "Single Significant Emotional Event"  (SSEE) theory of management where people spend all their time trying to identify the SSEE that caused someone to go awry but the bottom line is the proper technique is to disregard the previous SSEE and create a much more significant SSEE that will override the previous SSEE and get the person back on the straight and narrow.

I.e. When a person was 6 his older brother stepped on his pet butterfly and this caused him as a grown man to disregard proper respect for authority or mission accomplishment so you need to take appropriate action to get the young man to forget about the &^%$* butterfly and remember how painful it was to sit for a while and correct his attitude.

"Before training the mule to work properly one must first get the mule's attention."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

beav

Kurt Vonnegut:
"We do diddley do what we must muddily must"

Walnut Beast

Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.

Thank You Sponsors!