iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Most unusual mobile sawing location/set up

Started by WV Sawmiller, May 05, 2021, 10:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpassardi

MM: that's pretty neat - 20 years ago. Good for you.
Is it the same LT40?
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Magicman

Oh yes, same sawmill, but not quite as "orange".  It was 3 years old when I bought it and I have always updated it as manufacturer improvements/options were offered ie; Lubemizer, autoclutch, FAO's, engines, plus some of my custom options.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Quote from: Magicman on May 06, 2021, 07:37:57 PM
Not necessarily unusual, but my very first location/set up.

It's at my property where I first set up and sawed.  That picture was taken over 20 years and over 2MMbf ago.  It is also the picture that is on my business card.
Pre umbrella
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Yup, that would qualify as a "custom option".  It was also pre-Auto Board Return Arm & Table removal.  (Board drag back)

I was so fortunate to find that sawmill when I had no idea what it was nor even what I was looking for.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I just remembered a job for a local building contractor I did last year. Was his home and it was right on the banks of the Greenbrier River (Actually I think that was the 3rd time I have sawed along it). I had to ford about 6" deep stream getting to it, drive under his raised house, sawed the logs and before I could get out the water was up over a foot deep and lapping at the lumber stacks and up to the concrete foundation under his house. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Lasershark

Since I mostly saw in my own yard, I don't have many unusual sawing setups, I did do some sawmilling at the local native American village here in British Columbia. The WRC logs were so large, they needed to be quartered with a chainsaw 1st. 

2020 LT-50 Wide, 38 HP Gas, with debarker, lubemiser and operator's seat,  2002 Dodge Ram, Echo chainsaw, Ogam multi-rip Gang saw, Cook Manufacturing Sharpener/Setter Combo.  RS-2 resaw attachment.

Thank You Sponsors!