iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Missed Out on Ebac LD800

Started by firefighter ontheside, December 05, 2021, 09:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

I just came across an Ebac LD800 for sale for $300.  I believe it had never been used.  When I inquired the guy said he had someone coming to buy it tomorrow.  I'm still kicking myself for now looking at FB earlier today.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Southside

Equipment like that sitting around unused isn't always a good thing.  Maybe it's mint, maybe it's a wallet mine.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

firefighter ontheside

Yeah, but I would have risked it for $300.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Stephen1

Patience, all good things come to those that wait.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Don P

I was 3rd owner of the little ebac I got, the first to use it. I plugged it in with an HVAC guy present and we decided it seemed good enough to give it a whirl with no further ado. It ran a few loads, ran into a couple of bugs, well, mouse induced shorts from its long storage, a capacitor let go. The fan was next, I figured corrosion on shaft or bearings. We did baling wire patches knowing mine was the little one and we needed a bigger one. Probably did 10 loads through it and there isn't really much about it that scares me. We sawed a hole and stuck in a different fan, replaced the cap and rewired sections. I can braze if I have to but know guys who do hvac so if the price is right "how can you go wrong"  :D.  I imagine some of that type of failure in some parts is bound to happen if its new but sitting.  Really even if you cuss it, don't blow the bank repairing junk but there is price of admission to a course in higher learning. I had a firmer grasp of the basics when we set up the Nyle. That was a deeply discounted education, mine was $800 at least ten years ago.

Thank You Sponsors!