iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Swedish saws

Started by weimedog, October 02, 2022, 02:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

How about a little focus on those old saws. SO much of the new designs had their roots in Jonsered & Husqvarna. The Old McCulloch's and Homelites were cool in their time. RIGHT along side of them were these old saws. And hate to say it, it the end Husqvarna & Jonsered passed the "design" test of time. The modern layout of gas in the tank/handle and oil in the cases ( separate ) had already hit the market in the 1970's. My old Husqvarna 61 rancher in a way was way ahead of it's time. 

SO as summer turns to fall, and the temperatures drop. Firewood becomes the priority over production. I go for the old Orange & Red saws from the past. :)

Vintage Swedish Chainsaws Jonsered 801, Jonsered 70e , Husqvarna L77 & 61 Rancher From The 1970's - YouTube
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

ErrolHill

I still have a like new Jonsered 90 with a 20" bar on it , fantastic saws for there time , my favorites were the Jonsered 621, 80 and the 90 , the Jonsered 70 seemed like the most popular saw in the late 1979 - 1980 but I still never liked them as well as the others I listed , in 1981 I tried out the first in our area in Maine Husqvarna dealer and tried the 162 SE , changed the chainsaw world for me , the weight to power distribution was totally changed 

TW

Husqvarna 42 and 242 are still very popular around here though the newest ones are over 20 years old. Unfortunately Husqvarna has let i's customers down by not making spare parts for them anymore.

Al_Smith

A lot could be said regarding brands and locations .Around here decades ago it was McCulloch and Homelite ,later to be Stihl .Husqvarna tried a power grab with those who sold other brands and lost that battle .J-Red was not available any where  .Partner covered the market on concrete saws but never on chainsaws .Now days you can find occasional use Husqvarna's  but no pro grade at places like Lowes etc ,TSC most of the time .

Thank You Sponsors!