iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody Else See it?

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 03, 2023, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

The China balloon went just south of my firehouse and north of my house.  The two locations are about 30 miles apart, but you can see it from both at the same time.  I didn't get good pictures, but my wife did.  We are about 30 miles south of St Louis.  It went over around 4pm.  

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jeff

I don't understand why it's still up there. They afraid of dispersing something if they shoot it down?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SawyerTed

Apparently it has some sort of heavy technology module they are afraid of hitting something or somebody on the ground if they shoot it down.  I suspect as soon as it is over US controlled ocean I will be ours.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Jeff

Then we should go up and get it.

Jeff

firefighter ontheside

A friend was able to take this picture with some fancy camera lenses.  It has a large module suspended from it.  

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jeff

Looks mostly like a slolar array. It's a balloon,  how much could it weigh?

Mooseherder

Does it say BIDEN on the side of it?!  ;D

firefighter ontheside

Maybe theres a little Chinese guy in it.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

thecfarm

If we can hit a house 1000 miles away with a missile, then we should be able to do something.  ???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Paul_H

smiley_singsongnote01 It's only a paper moon, made by some chinese  guy smiley_singsongnote01
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

hacknchop

Quite a big hoopla and search over a nuclear capsule smaller then a dime so whats the catch phrase nowadays "out of an abundance of caution" they are waiting until its over some safe place to take it down in a controlled fashion.Who knows what could be aboard something like that? Chemicals,viruses all kinds of nasty stuff possible.
Often wrong never indoubt

SawyerTed

It's 60,000 feet up.  No way to go up and get it. 

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

sawguy21

They seem to think it won't see anything that is not already visible by satellite, at least that is the official version. They probably don't want to provoke the Chinese who claim it is a research device that strayed off course.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

btulloh

Well we know they're open and honest and they're motives are pure, so . . .
HM126

rusticretreater

I'm sure we have enough assets to know everything about this IFO(Identified Flying Object).  Its better that it is left flying, highly publicized with media coverage and a full conspiracy life cycle allowing maximum embarrassment to China.  
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Texas Ranger

The shuttle came down over east Texas and caused very little damage in an area with more population and structures than Montana, Alaska and Canada.   
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Southside

Something else was shot down over Billings, MT just a little bit ago, there is video, the flash is a lot bigger than any balloon would make. Another one of these balloons is presently over Latin America.  Something is very wrong. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

DbltreeBelgians

:rifle: air_plane

Research device my A#*
Time to take care of business!!
This is unreal!!

Brent

21incher

I am really worried about who is controlling America if we don't take it down. We could basically vaporize it into tiny pieces. 
I think EMPs work best at that altitude and one up north along with one from the south wouldn't be good. Could be a data acquisition run to determine the best coordinates to place them electronically.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Walnut Beast

It's  amazing what this country is letting the Chinese get away with. They would shoot anything down in their airspace. In the South Sea they are claiming theirs since the early 90s and have built a enormous military base on the coral reef and have had their fighter jets on us many times. But who cares just do a TikTok video. Keep letting them build ship ports all over the world in strategic locations , spy, manipulate and take over financial markets. They could take over someday without a bullet fired. The threat is absolutely real! The amount of spy's they have in this country would be mind boggling if people only knew. 

Ianab

QuoteThe latest evidence indicates that the balloon was sent to try to get in touch regarding a car's extended warranty.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Chuck White

I have always thought that a weather balloon didn't LOITER, it just went with the wind!

This one seems to have some sort of flight controls.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

And I can't believe we can't devise a way to go get it. We have drones that can fly that high.

Walnut Beast

Pentagon flat out said in a news briefing it is indeed spying surveillance

Thank You Sponsors!