500I Issue

Started by customsawyer, March 29, 2023, 07:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I had a 462 that ran great when it ran but every once in a while it wouldn't start. Tried everything I could, took it to the shop and even they couldn't figure it out. Traded it in on a 500I a few months ago. Sometimes it would crank just fine and others it wouldn't. Got to paying attention closer and it turns out that the decomp button was locking up. When the saw would start and you grab the throttle it would die. Replaced the decomp button and all is right with the saw now. I'm the only one that I know of that can trade a lemon saw in on another with a problem from the factory. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

teakwood

Quote from: customsawyer on March 29, 2023, 07:02:09 AMI'm the only one that I know of that can trade a lemon saw in on another with a problem from the factory. 

Sad to hear that. I have been very lucky with all my purchases so far, Stihl never failed me once, but also every other machine and cars, i never had a lemon.

Have a friend who has the opposite of luck, every truck or machine he buys is a lemon or needs some repairs. He got tired of having his used cars in the shop and bought a one year old car, never had any problems again.
I remember about 15 years ago, we both bought a digital camera for pics, the same exact model, his was faulty after one week ::) 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

ehp

I never ever use the decom button , lots of saws have lots of problems starting when you use the button and they flood 

Bruno of NH

I'm not sure with the 500i 
But I think you can plug the de comp 
Never had good luck with a saw when my help touched them
The worst was a 2172
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools