iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone going to Paul Bunyon Show

Started by WV_hillbilly, August 27, 2002, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Hey Jeff are you going to make it down here this weekend? ???
Hillbilly

craigc90

I am going to try and be there around 8:00
That stock saw competition sounds like fun. My friend that is riding to the show with me drives log truck . He wants to enter the log loader competition. He would also get a kick out of the stock saw competition.

Dugsaws

WV hillbill,
   If it is not to late when you get back from the show could you give a weather report so i know wether to take mud boots or just plainn shoes.Thanks.
   Dugsaws
   Doug
Doug

WV_hillbilly

I'll do that  for you Dugsaws.  Are you going to cutting any lumber next week?
Hillbilly

WV_hillbilly

Craigc90  

Where do you live ?
Hillbilly

craigc90

WV-hillbilly
    I live near Bloomingdale Ohio just up the river from you. West of Wintersville and Steubenville.If you see this post befor the show I will be at the Timber Harvaster area at 12:00 I will have a Snap On Raceing hat on.

Dugsaws

WV hillbilly
 I dont know if i  will be cutting any next week, I am trying to get my dry kiln building finished,I have the outside done just have to finish the inside. I have a pile of cherry and walnut i will be sawing to fill the kiln for my first run.I can let you know when i start sawing if you would like.

Doug
Doug

WV_hillbilly

I'll see ya there  Craigc90 .  I will have an all orange #20   Tony Stewart hat.

Dugsaws that would be nice If you would let me know and I could fit it in to my schedule   ..

Have a good time at the show everyone and bring back lots of ideas for new things to build, buy or use.

Hillbilly  :)
Hillbilly

craigc90

WV-hillbilly.
   I did not see your post befor I went to bed last night. I probably walked by you 10 times today. And didnt know it. sorry I missed you guys. I came home with lots of flier's and ideas.

WV_hillbilly

Dugsaws,

It wasn't all that bad for walking around. The only place there was ankle deep mud is on the roads where they were driving heavy equipment around on the one end of the show.  They put slabs across the roads at  intervals so if you wanted to cross it you wouldn't get muddy. On both sides of the road ther was still grass. I hope this helps .

It was another great show and I learned some about logging arches and I think I will atempt to build one.

:) hillbilly
Hillbilly

Dugsaws

Thanks, I am sure I will have a good one  8)
Doug

Dugsaws

WV hillbilly
   Had a great time at the show, was dissapointed not to see any 6" double cut mills.But was impressed with the Mobile Dimesion mill it looked like a very thought out machine.
   Anyhow got to meet MTN Jack, talked to him for almost an hour, we exchanged experiences and ideas and talked about our operations, he seemed like a nice guy who knows mabye all of us can get together some day.See you later
 Doug
Doug

WV_hillbilly

I'm happy everyone got to the show and back safely. There was so many things to look at . I came home with lots of ideas of things to buy and build . We  will get together some time Craig and Doug.  Doesn't Mtn Jack have it good Doug . He gets paid to take the trees away and then cuts them into boards .Thats getting paid both ways if you ask me. The Mobile Dimension also impresed me . I watched the WM   LT 70   three times on Sat cutting wood. It is an impressive saw but alot out of my range by about $40 K.

Craig I kept looking for you but didn't see your hat. Did you get into the stock saw competition? I got there at 9:30 and they said it was full. So I just looked at more sawmills.

:) hillbilly
Hillbilly

craigc90

WVhillbilly
     I did not try to get in the stock saw.My friend brought his 4 year old son and it made things a little difficult to get around. I watched all the mills and edgers and rode the train over to the Rocky Boot factory. Had one heck of a good time.
We got there at 8:00 and left at 3:30 for home.

Dugsaws

WV_hillbilly
Your telling me he has it good gets paid to take the tree down, then gets paid when he sells the lumber.He has a nice operation it sounds like life is treating him good,glad to hear someone is  :D
    Doug
Doug

Thank You Sponsors!