iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood splitter

Started by TeaW, May 27, 2006, 10:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaW

It dosen't matter how big or good a firewood processor you have there are always some stick's that don't work well in it. The big ,knotty,crooked and punky.
I used to to use this IH spreader for it's intended purpose but the beaters broke, I sold the cows and added the splitter to it.
The floor of a manure spreader is not all that strong, you have to add some support,I took out the wood floor and added a steele crate that lets some of the fines and snow slip through. Now I can drop blocks into it with no damage. I added a sprocket to the pto to drive a gear pump and a oil reservoir, with the tractor running about 1500rpm the pump put up about 15gal/min.
It will handel any size of block I have for it.The apron advance was mechanical , but it was noisey so I added a hydraulic motor to advance the next block to me if i can't reach it.
It is as easy to pile it as you take I  it from the splitter as to throw it. So I have boxes made that will hold 1/3 of a cord, I can leave it in the box or dump it in the pile
I like the wood that goes through the processor best (faster) but if it wont I can still make use of it.Since these pictures I have changed a few things . I put on a Honda motor with a hydraulic pump and a new loader tractor.
Teaw
TeaW

Sprucegum

That's a real neat setup you got there  8)  8)

Frank_Pender

Frank Pender

ScottAR

That's a right slick outfit there...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Gary_C

Nice setup.  8)

Can you tell us more about that box? How big and what is it made of?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

TeaW

Quote from: Gary_C on May 28, 2006, 01:10:13 AM
Nice setup.  8)

Can you tell us more about that box? How big and what is it made of?
The box where the wood is piled is 4 feet high 4 feet wide and 32 inches deep, it is 4inches of the ground to let the fork slide under. They are made of 1x1 square tubeing with 1inch wood on the floor and a couple of pieces on the sides. Short chains are welded to the sides of the box and grab hooks on the loader you hook up if you want to dump. I have 25 of these when they are full I dump in the piles.
TeaW

SwampDonkey

Quote from: TeaW on May 27, 2006, 10:01:57 PM
It dosen't matter how big or good a firewood processor you have there are always some stick's that don't work well in it. The big ,knotty,crooked and punky.

Well that pretty much eliminates all my firewood. :D :D :D Just kidding. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I got all my firewood this week, all stacked and sun drying. It was cut in winter and split from treelength before delivery. I purchased 7.5 cords, I had 1.5 cord outside and I have about 3/4 cord in the basement from last winter.  All set for another season. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Coon

That is a nice looking setup you have there.  I really like what I see there.  I though would change one thing.  I would add a small engine driven hydraulic pump to run the whole works, that way you would be able to pull it with a 1 tonne truck if needed.  Something like that could be rented out by the day and show real good returns.  I would be able to rent that system out here for atleast $150/day here. 

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

TeaW

Quote from: Coon on May 30, 2006, 01:03:53 AM
That is a nice looking setup you have there. I really like what I see there. I though would change one thing. I would add a small engine driven hydraulic pump to run the whole works

Thanks Brad, I added a 9 hp Honda to this outfitt a few weeks ago and it works like a charm and frees up the tractorfor other work.
TeaW

Coon

Great minds think alike. 8) 8) 8).

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sawguy21

That reminds me of the manure spreader New Holland built for the amish. The pto was driven by a Wisconsin because they would not use tractors. Liked the shiny implements though.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

My uncle has a horse drawn manure spreader. It's sitting on the edge of the field with a sheet of steel over the top of it. It required two good sized horses to haul it and he mostly borrowed a neighbor's tractor to haul it.

Sawyerfortyish

There's a guy near me that loves those ground drive manure spreaders. He loads it with his loader on the tractor then hookes it to his pickup drives to where ever the field is in some cases a couple miles puts the spreader in gear empties it and is back in half the time it would take a tractor to make the trip. Since he's only got one tractor he doesn't have to keep unhooking and hooking up to it.

Thank You Sponsors!