iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unimog in KC

Started by Kcwoodbutcher, September 08, 2007, 02:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kcwoodbutcher

While browsing the C list in KC I came across this-UNIMOG
It looks a little rough but I guess they're rare enough that  just about anything goes. Wish I didn't have so many irons in the fire or I might look at it
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Warren

KCWB,

I am not an expert on Mog's.  But that price seems pretty fair if everyting on the truck is in working condition.  You might try contacting Dangerous Dan.  I believe he has a pretty good working knowledge of Mogs.  Might be able to provide you with some pointers.  Only concern I would have is lack of title for road travel.

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Looks like he is trying to sell it right where he found it.  In the ditch.

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Weekend_Sawyer

Those are COOL! I have wanted one for a while but, I promised myself I would finish one old truck ane 2 old tractors before buying anything else. then I picked up a 49 ferguison... So starting NOW, no more new old stuff... unless of course it's a good bargan, or needs a good home.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Dangerous_Dan

It's a 404 Unimog, which is a military troop transport type vehicle.
The Unimog you want is a 406. It's much more heavy duty, diesel powered and has all the bells and whistles like front, rear and mid PTO's. 2 stage clutch, 2 hydraulic remotes like on a tractor. 20 speeds forward and 8 reverse. 2wd, 4wd and 4wd with air difflocks. Front Schmidt quick hitch. Also the one in that historical unimog video link that was posted a while back.
The Articulated version of a 406 is called a "Uniknick".
If you could find a 406 in the condition of the 404 on craigslist it would be twice the money.
This is on ebay right now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-UNIMOG-1979-UNIMOG-WITH-EXTRAS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6315QQihZ018QQitemZ280152131429QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
and the price seams reasonable. I saw a 406 a few months back that went for over $40,000.
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

Thank You Sponsors!