iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

28 yrs aint bad

Started by limbrat, January 07, 2008, 12:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limbrat

I busted the 5' boat paddle that i made when i was 15 today. I get out and pull the boat over that sand bar in the summer but i didnt wont to take my shoes off today. When it broke my grandson said ooohhh paw paw you broke it then he started giggling, wish he would stay 5 every thing is still new and a little scary yet. I think i will make a 8' push pole to go with my next snake flippen, trout line finding, yo yo trippen, wasp nest knocken, boat spuden, bait retriven, wife splashen untreated cypress bait cutting board and back up trolling motor.
ben

Tom

Were'd it break?  Maybe you can salvage some of it.  I'd have to glue it back together and hang it on the wall with a written story of its life framed beside it.

isawlogs

I would not glue it Tom , I would hang it on a board and have the story writen on the board right there next to it. I would also have that grandson put his John Henri next to the it .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Need any black spruce push poles? That's what my grandfather used to use before there was out board motors on 24 foot canvas back fishing canoes.  Used to pole for miles up the Rivers during fishing season. Those were the days you flipped the canoe over for the night on a beach if ya never made camp. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

That's the better idea, isawlogs. :)

limbrat

It broke on one side about half way down the handle and started to split. I wrapped it in nylon twine while the boy fished just incase we needed it on the way out. I dont know if i have ever used any black spruce but i have always liked what i was told is douglas fur that i built my ladder from it is easy to work not to heavy and very strong for its weight.
I will keep the paddle but i have to write another history. I kissed my mom for the last time tonight. I held her head and talked to her and everone that i knew that had already passed and told them that she was coming. I told her stories and sang her little songs while she slowed down like a clock work thing. I held her head and told her that we loved her but it was time for her to go home while they unhooked machines and pulled the tubes from her throat and poor prodded arms. I wiped my tears from her fore head and wispered in her ear that she didnt need to fight any more untill she slowly grew cold and stopped. She made 74yrs the last 43 were made hard by delusions and physical hardships. The only thing that worries me now feels selfish, but how are my grandbabies going to act they all learned to walk by pushing her walker around my house. They would dog pile her on the couch or in her chair and leave her with pig tails sticking out in all directions and covered in coloring books or just piled on her sleeping. I would read to them and when they learned they read to her. Sunday the oldest bought two pack of gum when i asked her what for she said one was for mom(they all call her mom cause i do) i told her we would take it today but we didnt get the chance. For the first time i dont look forward to seeing my grand babies.
ben

beenthere

limbrat

Count that encounter with your Mom as a real blessing, as many do not get such an opportunity to say "Goodbye" to them as close as you were. And keep the memories of the grandkids and your Mom with you. I am sure they will too. 

Prayers for you and the family, as your Mom leaves her earthly body.

Thanks for sharing with us.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Roxie

Your Mom was blessed to have a son like you.  Blessed. 

I'll be saying prayers for you and your family that you are given peace and strength now.  If your five year old grandson is like my four year old grandson, you'll be explaining and talking about 'why' a couple hundred times. 

My heart goes out to ya. 
Say when

Don K

I am sorry for your loss. You are so fortunate to have been able to be with her until the end. We are burying my Uncle today. He went out on  his truck right before New Years. He swerved to miss a Christmas tree laying in the road and wound up in the ditch. He was in Utah somewhere around salt Lake City and was trapped in extremely cold weather. He was out trying to unstick the truck when he should have been in the cab waiting on some help. He went to the hospital for a few days and the night before he was to be discharged, he went into cardio resp. arrest. He was 73 and he died  without any of his family there.

Those Granbabies are what will get you through the tough times. I have a 3 month old Granson and I wouldn't take anything for him.

I will be praying for you.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Thank You Sponsors!