iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyon show ...... Any of ya goin?

Started by ADAMINMO, September 26, 2008, 05:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAMINMO

Looks to be the 3rd /4th / and 5th. I will be leaving Tuesday to go and set up and get things ready. Hope it is as big this year as last year or bigger.
Adam

beenthere

I suspect that is the October Paul Bunyan Show in Cambridge, OH put on by the Ohio Forestry Assoc. ??

I thought Paul Bunyan was a Minnesota character... ;D ;D

Adamino...you sure do get around. Hope the weather stays nice, like it was today.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WV_hillbilly

I'll be there on Sunday . Hope to see some members there .
Hillbilly

Ironwood

Can you share some specific details, site (I know it had moved a few years back).

Thanks Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

JV

My wife and I will be going.  She will be clutching the checkbook tightly in her purse.    :(

Lots of things to see, but priority one is to stop by LogRite for one of Tamiam's brownies.

I enjoyed the show when it was at Hocking College, but I think it's current location is easier

to get around with exception of the vertical parking.   :D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

MaddiesDad

Is this show any good?  Hows attendance? I've always liked Richmond, wondered how it compared. 

JV

I have'nt been to any other logging shows, so I can't compare Bunyan to any others.  There

are lots of vendors, many demonstrations, and I thought, a fairly large crowd.  Also a

lumberjack contest on the weekend.  It is all spread over several acres.  Personally, I

think it is a good show.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

schakey

My wife,granddaughter and I will be there Friday and then we will be going to Elkins,Wv for the Forestry Show on
Saturday.  smiley_clapping WeWent last year and really enjoyed both shows.Will be checking out the Woodmizer and other sawmills
booths and the outdoor wood burners.Will be buying a LT40 hyd when we sell out in Ohio and move to our land in
Wayne,Wv. :)
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

thecfarm

schakey,welcome to the forum.When will the land be sold?What I really mean,is it for sale now?You say land in,Wayne.No house there?Are you going to saw out a house with your LT40?
There is a show coming to Maine here in May.It's every 2 years and next year it will be here and I will be there.I always enjoy going and seeing all of the equipment in motion.I've been telling a few people at work about it.But they think they are always too busy to go.It's too bad too.If they went once,they would make time for it from than on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dugsaws

I plan on being there with girlfriend and kids on Saturday, last time I was to the show was in Nelsonville so I will get to see how much things have changed since then. Hope to see some of the other members there
Doug

schakey

Home in Creston,Ohio will be up for sale soon.No house on our 66 acres in West Virginia but we have a large grove of White Pine that we  are planning  smiley_applause to saw for our home. :D
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Tam-i-am

Can't wait to see everyone.  We're all set up and ready to go.

Just one little catch - because I have been in 5 states this week I wasn't home enough to make brownies.  Sorry JV.  Don't let that stop you from saying hi.

TamIam
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

JV

:'(  We will definitely stop by anyway.  I need another peavey, everyone grabs the LogRite

one and leaves me with the wood handled one.  See you Friday.
John

woodhick

Will be there tomorrow.  Welcome schakey.  I am in Hurricane WV so not too far apart.   I will also be at Elkins on Saturday. 
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

JV

Well, it was a good day, a little brisk this morning and cloudy, but a good day.  Stopped

to talk to the guys at Wood-mizer.  Then stopped next door to see Tammy and Kevin at

LogRite.  Picked up another 60" peavey and a limb saw.  Met a fellow Hoosier and hopefully

a potential new forum member.  Tammy and I had a conversation about tool colors and

I may have to resurrect the thread on PINK

tools with some variations such as daisy decals, etc.   :D 

Enjoyed meeting Woodhick and his son, all in all a very good day.  Lots to see and do.

Looking forward to next year.
John

Thank You Sponsors!