iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need your opinions/expertise

Started by rockman, January 24, 2011, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockman

I am going to build myself a logging arch, I have been wanting to build one like the old Hyster ones of years ago,my Dad had one behind his 1010 JD dozer in 1960. I bought the steel today, but now I'm not sure if I would be etter off to uild one like the logrite that carries the log. I like the idea of the Hyster style that can skid more than one tree at a time behind my tractor as opposed to the carry style that carries a single log.
I like the arch idea because IT will carry the weight of the tree/log instead of having that weight on the back of the tractor.
OK fella's, help me out. what are the pro's and con's of each?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

tapper2

I built one to go behind my "Wood Jeep". It was actually really easy to make. All used parts from an old trailer, has a rail that the chain rides up, so the entire weight of the front of the log is on the arch, but the butt is off the ground. It is also light enough to move some logs with my Honda atv. Just search[ Norwood SkidMate ] here and you can get an idea. Mine is nearly identicle. Love it! Just seems easier to tow than to carry.
Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

Thank You Sponsors!