iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Contacting Petersons

Started by JimBuis, August 12, 2011, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBuis

Can anybody give me an update on the current toll free telephone number for Petersons? I tried the number on their website, 877-327-1471, and the call does not go through. Instead I get a recording. I have tried the number at all hours of the day and night and get the same recording, so I don't think it is the time difference. In fact, it does not even ring.

I am sure I will get through to them eventually as I have sent an email as well as PM on Facebook. I was just hoping to get a hold of someone today.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Jeff

I doubt if you get anyone today as it is the weekend there.  I don't have any info on the number, but usually after 2:PM Eastern time, Sunday -Thursday, U.S. time, is the time to call.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

terrifictimbersllc

That's the right number.  Here's a clock for NZ.   http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_NZ.aspx

They're 14 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Savings time right now.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

JimBuis

Thank you for the information. I previously called their 877 number on the weekends and talked with Kerris, but am concerned since the number doesn't even ring now. I'm also concerned because I tried to log into their owners-only site and could not get in.

Translation.....Jim needs to learn patience. :o  I know, but I want it NOW. ;D

LOGDOG

Is it parts you need Jim or help with something?

JimBuis

I want a price quote on another section of track for my 10" WPF and estimated date of delivery if ordered immediately. I thought I might be able to get some track through Hud-sons, but they don't have any and could  not quote me a price.

If somebody had some used ones for sale, that would be okay too though.

Husband

Hi Jim,
mmm about the phone :-\, even after hours and weekends you should get us at home???
I will look into it for you (and us). Only other time you cant get us is when its late here, or we are out running, biking, swimming, skiing, fishing and all that other boring stuff ;D
Dont give in, you will get us :D
1877 327 1471

Chris

JimBuis

Hi Chris,
     Thank you for the note. I want to give you and your company your just due by telling everyone that your company is the only one in my 54 years which makes its management so available. The first time I called your toll free number four years ago on a weekend I got Kerris on the line. [For you folks who do not know the Peterson company very well, if you talk to Chris and Kerris, you have just talked with the owners of the company.] Now within the last 12 hours I have had direct communication with both Chris and Kerris. Chris here and Kerris through a personal message on Facebook as she and I are "friends" on Facebook. [I dare you to try that with most other companies guys!]
     I am in a customer service business myself, so Chris as long as you guys can continue to make yourselves available as you always have and continue having one of the best products on the market, you will have a good long ride in this business. I can't speak for the rest of your international customers, but I can tell you that we Americans are sick and tired of the poor customer service that many of the companies over here give us by way of call center employees located only God knows where reading their cue cards to us about a product they know nothing about and may have never even seen.
     Oh yeah, guys, I neglected to tell all of you that on that Saturday four years ago when I called the company, I had just put my mill together out of the crate and was trying to run it for the first time without any experience or training and was really frustrated. Dear Kerris withstood the storm of my frustration and told me to hold on just a second while she walked out to HER mill and she would talk me through what to do. No lie, the lady company co-owner answers the phone and talks me through what adjustments to make on my mill. I am not !?*%!!ing you here. That has probably never happened anywhere else in the history of the universe.
     Chris, you should definitely check that USA phone number. I just called it again a moment ago and got the same recording. It does not ring or anything, just straight into the recording. I tried the number from home, my office, and from my cell phone just to be certain that my phone company or phone service were not blocking the call for some peculiar reason.
     I look forward to talking with one of you guys on the phone. If you would please, can you email me or send me a note here when you get that phone number problem fixed?  Thanks Chris.

Jim

beenthere

Jim
That phone is a filter.  8)

;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wife

Jim I just want to thank you for your lovely words of kindness, and for actually contacting us via alternative means and giving us a chance. It makes my hour (so far) on the phone with the telephone provider, just a little more bearable... ;D You wouldn't believe the palava (Kiwi speak for rigamarole) to get someone off their butts to trace the problems! They are now asking me for 'examples' of who rang when (time of day) so they can actually trace it, and so much as told me if they can't provide their supplier with examples, they won't take it seriously. SERIOUSLY?!??!?!? Of course I've put the problem squarely in their laps and demanded an answer within the hour. Yeah, rite.
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Wife

And it looks like ALL our international freephone numbers have disappeared down that same mysterious automated message system....GREAT. No business this week.
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Wife

YAAAAAYYY - Our freephones are back on line.  8)The only explanation I got was 'looks like the terminating number was accidentally switched off for some reason...'. Um, hmm. Wonder how long it's actually been off.

Well good news, thanks to Jim who persevered and got hold of us through other means, that we actually discovered the issue. Thank you, Jim  ;D
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

JimBuis

Kerris, you are always welcome. I admit that I did get impatient there for a while, but that was only because I know that normally you guys are just about always available.

I am glad you got it worked out. I hope you now have a week of spectacular business. ;) :) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!