iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to the Forums

Started by WineandWood, May 03, 2012, 12:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WineandWood

I just registered not to long ago and have been reading through a lot of the forums.  Lots of information and still have a long way to go.  I am a winemaker by trade but like woodworking as a hobby.  My wife and I moved here from MO about 5 years ago.  Primarily I am a woodworker but have always been interested in milling and timber framing.  I just bought a panther chainsaw mill as well as a used Ripsaw that I am looking forward to playing with.  In the beginning I would like to make my own lumber as well as build a small timber framed shed to learn from.  I look forward asking lots of questions just have to read a little more first.  This seems like a great forum.  Thanks for all the information.

Raider Bill

Welcome to the Forestry Forum!  ;D

Several other wine makers here and lot's of wood workers.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

Welcome to the Forum. Good to have you here.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Misfit

Welcome! I agree that this is a great forum and full of easy to get along with people who always seem happy to share their knowledge, insights and occasionally, a bit of fun stuff too.

Where in Colorado if you don't mind sharing? My wife and I are thinking about a move to the Colorado Springs area next year if our property here sells for a decent price.
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

Texas Ranger

Welcome aboard, I dont make wine, just drinks it.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Roxie

That was a very nice introduction.  Welcome!   :)
Say when

SwampDonkey

Welcome to the group Wineandwood. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WineandWood

We live in Grand Junction.  CO a great place to live but I think we will end up back in MO at some point

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, WineandWood.  I make a trip to Colorado each October.  I favor that Western part of Co.   When you make it down to Delta for lunch, be sure to try the Eatery, and order your desert before you eat your meal or it will all be gone.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodey

Welcome, Lots of good information here.
WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

fat olde elf

Welcome !  Years ago I frequently traveled to Paonia on business. One time Frontier had too much weight on the bird and We drew straws to see who would stay behind !  This was in the 60's.... Nice country...........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

LeeB

welcome to the forum. I for one would like to hear some more about your wine making.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sparky1

welcome, i too am interested in the wine making!!  I want to get into that when I get some free time.. so it prolly wont happen. Im sure theres a few of us who would like to hear about wine making though!
Shaun J

bandmiller2

W&W welcome,I have a glass of vintage red every night with supper its the gallon jug with the chubby little italian fella on the label.I always wanted to try making a wood barrel,don't think its that easy though. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SwampDonkey

There's an old barrel factory down the road a ways. I don't know if the equipment is still in it though. They made potato barrels though from white cedar. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brad_bb

Yes Welcome.  I've been on this forum for years now and I still learn new, useful things all the time.  We are happy to share here as well.  I love saving people time and from wasted energy.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!