iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

West Nile

Started by Magicman, July 02, 2012, 01:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Three counties in Mississippi are now under a "West Nile Watch", and mine is one of them.  I guess bug spray will be the uniform of the day.   :-\

Not trying to be negative, but it looks like something is always out to get us.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Had our first death from West Nile down on the coast, warm wet winter jump started the skeeters.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ohsoloco

Haven't heard of any cases of west nile yet, but there have been four skeeters in my county found with it.  They're especially bad this year as well.  Can't even sit outside at dusk and relax  :-\

SwampDonkey

Maine is reporting higher incidents of lymes disease this summer so the CDC says.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Our Son is slowly recovering from a mild case of WNV, and he said that he has never ached so badly.  He said that his muscles, joints, eyes, and even his skin hurt. 

We know of two other older folks, actually a husband and wife, who have been in the hospital for several weeks.  The report was that the man will have to go to rehab and learn how to walk again.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Texas is blessed with a reported half of national cases, and half of reported deaths.  It particularly hits the elderly, and those whose systems have been weak from some other source.  It is particularly offensive to outdoors types, like loggers, mill owners, foresters, and older types in general.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Roger2561

I heard on our local news this morning that there is a confirmed case of west nile here in NH.  Many towns to the south of me are spraying again this year.
Roger

Magicman

Today's news is reporting that we now have a West Nile related death here in Lincoln County.  I hope that it was not my friend.   :-\

Sprucegum

Western Canada is on Alert with some cases reported but no deaths yet.

Ron Scott

I hear that Michigan has recently had its 5th death this year.
~Ron

Migal

Quote from: Texas Ranger on August 23, 2012, 09:09:26 AM
Texas is blessed with a reported half of national cases, and half of reported deaths.  It particularly hits the elderly, and those whose systems have been weak from some other source.  It is particularly offensive to outdoors types, like loggers, mill owners, foresters, and older types in general.

Yea IMO it kinda suck's that we lived to a age to be able to pay our bills weather the up's and down's to find out a skeeter can take you down... On a good note It sure make's me want to buy that John Deere in the window with the AC and Heater Cab just to putt around in before I die from a skeeter bite!
Oh when I moved here in the early 80's Skeeter was a bass boat made in Kilgore LOL not a Killer Whale!
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

WmFritz

MM, I wish your Son a speedy recovery and hope your Friends pull through O.K.

I can't remember the Skeeters ever being as bad as this summer and my County  sprays for them. The Little Browns Bats on my property don't seem to be pulling their weight either. :'(
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Migal

Quote from: WmFritz on August 31, 2012, 02:12:43 AM
MM, I wish your Son a speedy recovery and hope your Friends pull through O.K.

I can't remember the Skeeters ever being as bad as this summer and my County  sprays for them. The Little Browns Bats on my property don't seem to be pulling their weight either. :'(

My wish's for a speedy recovery  as well MM on the Brown Bats they probably don't like WN any more than us LOL
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Magicman

Mississippi now has over 200 recorded cases of WNV and 5 deaths.  That is some bad stuff for sure.

Migal

Well here in ET Im hoping for a near freeze this weekend to help put those pesky pest's in there place (dead) misquote's that is! Wish all that has WN a speedy recovery.

Thank You Sponsors!