The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Early Christmas present  (Read 779 times)

Offline ljohnsaw

• Senior Member x2
  • Happily retired... Working harder than ever!
    • Share Post
Early Christmas present
« on: November 28, 2014, 12:13:08 AM »
Been needing a new cordless drill since my Maketa 9.6v gave up quite a few years ago.  Hmm, probably 10 years ago :D  Anyhow, we had a 12 or 14v Dewalt at work that was fantastic!  Was thinking about buying one last year.  Then they came out with the 18v, now the 20v.  Kind of like computers - obsolete the minute you get them home ::)

The big blue box store had a Black Friday sale (that started Wednesday, midnight).  I went Wednesday to check stock and the guy said, don't bother coming in, just buy them online!  So I did, last night.  Big Blue is an east-coast chain so the prices went into effect 9pm Pacific.  I got (list price $399) a 4 piece cordless set (drill, impact drill, saws-all & LED light) for $249.  It comes with two 2AH batteries - not the best but very light weight - charger and a soft carry bag.  I'll probably buy a couple of 4AH or the new 5AH when they go on sale sometime.  Tools have a 2 year and the batteries 3 year warranty.

Other stores had the two drill combos for $299-$349 but probably the 3AH batteries.  I don't understand why they hide the battery size - very frustrating!

If you're looking for something, they might still have some stock.

edit:  Went back and found they had the 4AH XR Max batteries on sale - a 2-pack for $119 so I got those, too.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/32" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
Re: Early Christmas present
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 08:58:49 AM »
I have the DeWalt drill-driver and impact driver, I haven't seen or used anything better!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF 1989, Retired School Bus Driver 2012, now semi-retired Mobile Sawyer, 2018 Silverado 4X4
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 Kohler - Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and single-tooth setter, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain a Wood-Mizer

Offline POSTON WIDEHEAD

• Senior Member x2
  • Getting old but doing it with Friends.
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 09:44:17 AM »
I have the Dewalt impact driver also.18v. It'll pull some lugs off a tractor wheel.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Offline ljohnsaw

• Senior Member x2
  • Happily retired... Working harder than ever!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »
Wow, can't believe its been 2 years since I got my drill/saw set.  Still love it.

I added the 6" 20v circular saw this past spring.  I picked it up as a set with 5amp-hr battery and high speed charger.  That charger is a must with anything bigger than the 3amp-hr batteries.  Great saw - really made doing my FasWal blocks go fast on my cabin build.

Well, HD ran a special on the new DeWalt 400cfm/90mph 20v leaf blower, 20v string trimmer and a 5amp-hr battery - all for $249.  The bare tools run $119 to $129 so this was like getting a free battery ($50-60 value).  Picked up my order today.  My name and address were plastered on the boxes so I got what they intended to ship to me.  What a nice surprise!  What I got were too complete kits - that is, a 5amp-hr battery and a high speed charger with each tool.  The complete tool packages run $249-$379 depending on where you go.  So, I got a BOGO deal!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/32" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Early Christmas present to me!

Started by Patrick NC on Sawmills and Milling

10 Replies
Last post December 28, 2020, 08:57:50 PM
by offrink
xx
Someone's getting an early Christmas present!

Started by HSV on Peterson Portable Sawmills

4 Replies
Last post December 04, 2012, 06:02:04 PM
by Ernie
xx
Got my Christmas present a little early

Started by sawman on General Board

20 Replies
Last post December 16, 2009, 08:17:47 AM
by motohed
xx
Christmas present