The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Pure NYS Maple Syrup For sale  (Read 7459 times)

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
  • Life is what you make it!
    • Share Post
    • Dave and Joan's sugarhouse web site
Pure NYS Maple Syrup For sale
« on: December 15, 2014, 09:41:08 AM »
As before, I will donate 5% of all net syrup sales back to the FF. I am just starting a new ad because the other got too long (too many pages). After Jan 1, 2015 I will delete the old ad.
For great maple syrup from Dave's Sugarhouse, go to:   www.daveandjoanssugarhouse.com    or click on my "Shameless Link" "Dave's Sugarhouse"on the FF opening page. Once there click on the products page. To order, just fill out the form completely (or if just getting rates, I still need all the info including your phone number for shipping rates, to ship I need your email too). Unfortunately, I am still not set up to ship outside the US, maybe someday.
When in my site, you can read our history in making maple syrup. We also tell about our blueberry farm and our solar system. All of these started small and grew.
For shipping I use 2 at this time. I compare the rate between USPS and FedEx, and then ship whichever is lower. FedEx has always come thru in good time for me, and USPS only had one shipment that took way too long.
If I have the items and quantities ordered on the shelf, they ship the next business day for orders received before 4:00pm, if I am out of an item, I will pack the item the next weekend and ship on Monday, if I have more of the product in a SS barrel in bulk.
You can't beat REAL MAPLE SYRUP!
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, woodland Mills HM130Max (on order), maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Pure NYS Maple Syrup For sale
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 07:36:57 AM »
Thanks, we had a good Christmas season. While it won't arrive until 12/27, I suspect my shipment going out today (order finalized yesterday) might be the last one that could be called a Christmas sale. We do however ship all year.
Maple syrup makes a great Valentines day gift, even better than a box of chocolates.
While we are now out of some sizes in some grades, we are not out of syrup by any means.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, woodland Mills HM130Max (on order), maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 12:04:56 PM »
Sales started to resume. From Christmas until a week ago, sales were dead, but this week I sold several jugs, one shipped and many more local sales. Think Valentines Day, far better and healthier than a box of chocolates!

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:48:24 PM »
By the way, if you are ordering for a gift realize that I reply and give you information by email. If the one who the gift is for might read the email, let me know if it is better for me to reply by FF PM (personal message). If that also might be intercepted, you might be best off asking me to phone you. In such case give me a time range for the best time to call and who to ask for.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:18:42 PM »
Another FF member just won big with his lady. His order for Valentines maple syrup was shipped out today.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 07:49:01 PM »
Here, as of today, 3/21/15 the weather is right for sap flow and boiling to start, but the ground is frozen too hard, essentially no sap this year yet. I have 1320 taps in this year in two sugar bushes. In the bigger one my vacuum runs at 22" and gave me less than 6-8 gal in 5 hours today with temperatures in the 37-38 degree range. In the smaller bush, with the vacuum pump running at 19" I got zero in that same time. Usually in this time at these temperatures I'd get about 80-120 gal/hr in the 2 bushes combined, sometimes even close to double that. Some producers locally, at lower elevations are getting some sap. I sure hope the season opens up soon.
On my typical sap sugar % it takes about 40 gal to make 1 gal of syrup, and I need a minimum of 250 gal to initially start up the evaporator.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 06:50:29 AM »
Finally, my first boil of the season. After several days of what should have been good sap flow, the ground is finally starting to thaw (still under up to 2' of very grainy snow). My first flow was Wed, but too little to boil yet. I finally got enough late last night (I now have about 380 gal) and will be boiling today. In the past my sap  sugar % has generally started at about 2.2 or 2.3% sugar but yesterday I checked and it ranged from 2.2% all the way up to 5.2%, with an average in the tank of 3.3%. I hope this trend continues. My best in previous years was 1 day back in 2005 I got 3.75% on a tank full.
The higher the sugar, the faster I can make syrup and the less wood I burn. That's a win/win for me.
The sap won't run today, but it looks like perfect weather starting tomorrow and for the next 2 weeks+.

Offline Wallys World

• Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
How has the sap run been?
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & 056

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
Not real good. In a typical season I usually get 8-10 days of real good sap flow plus several days of so so flow. This year I only got 4 real good days and then several of so so. The season after starting the latest ever, only lasted a total of 17 days, and no sap ran on 3 or those.
However, for the season I still made more than last year. In 2014 on 1200 taps I only made 174 gal, this year on 1320 taps I made 281 gal (in a good year on 1300 taps I could make 6-700 gal and on average prorating my syrup/tap historical average should make 450-500 gal) . It started right on the borderline between Golden and Amber (so by law it was labeled Amber), then it was amber for about 10 days total. After that it became Dark (which historically is my highest demand grade) and my only Very Dark was from the final clean out of the pans, totaling just 6 gal.
Before the year is out I'll be blending some of my Amber with just a little Very Dark to give me more Dark. I've had to do this every year, and the blend has always turned out good. It takes very little of the darker syrup to darken the lighter one. When I do that, I pump a barrel of the lighter one into my finisher (2' x 6') and then add small amounts of the darker one, blend it and test the grade. Each time I try to end up at about mid point in the new grade or very slightly darker. As little as a half pint blended in can darken a 40 gal barrel's worth of the lighter syrup. Sometimes a 40 gal batch may need as little as 3 half pints to get there, other times it may take as much as maybe 4x that. But being the darker it is the more intense the maple flavor, that small amount of Amber becomes Robust flavored Dark by just adding the small portion of Strong flavored Very Dark syrup.
Before I had the finisher and 40 gal bbls it was not as easy to blend. The first time I tried  I used my 18 gal canner with about 16 gal of Light Amber in it. I added just 1 qt. of B, thinking it would still need more, but  all I had done was make a darker shade of Light into a lighter shade of B. Then I used that batch to blend a new 16 gal batch, adding in much smaller quantities and at just over 1/2 pint blended in I had some more Dark Amber.
For anyone reading these grades who is unfamiliar with all these grade names, the industry just changed the grade names. There used to be 6 or 7 different grading systems between the maple producing states and the Canadian standards. Then the International Maple Syrup Council made a recommendation to standardize the grades. Vermont signed on for the 2014 season, New York switched 1/1/15 along with a few other states and the USDA started it after 1/1/15 but before the season began for most of us. I believe by the 2016 season all of Canada, and the US will be using this new grading system. This will make it far easier for the consumer to buy syrup. When you find a grade you like best, the grade will be the same no matter where you buy, but the syrup still might not taste the same. There are a huge range of local soil and growing conditions and those affect the taste. This is similar to wine growing regions, one particular wine might be far better that the same wine from a different region. This is likely also the main reason why I have such a high rate of re orders for my yrup. The local hills in my area produce a high quality of maple syrup (or rather maple sap that I make into syrup).

Offline WDH

• Forester
  • Administrator
  • April 1998 - August 2008
    • Share Post
    • hamsleyhardwood.com
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 08:59:50 PM »
I can vouch that yours tastes wonderful.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Offline scsmith42

• Senior Member x2
  • He who dies with the most toys... WINS!!!
    • Share Post
    • Whispering Pines Farm
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 09:09:48 PM »
I can vouch as well.  I bought some for my wife for Valentines Day, and she really likes it a lot (better than what she used to buy at Whole Foods too!)
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
Thank y'all for the good word.
After I posted that long bit, I started to wonder if it was so long winded that folks would just skip it. Must be at least 2 read it. That makes me feel better. At the speed I type it took me about 30 minutes to type it.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 09:41:01 PM »
Well I read it and am ordering a jug.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline 54Dutchman

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new; but learning!!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 12:36:32 PM »
I can vouch as well; repeat customer. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dont get no better ;)

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 05:10:37 PM »
Hard to beat maple syrup, the darker the better.  8)
No amount of belief makes something a fact. James Randi

Offline WDH

• Forester
  • Administrator
  • April 1998 - August 2008
    • Share Post
    • hamsleyhardwood.com
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 08:23:54 PM »
This is especially good. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 09:25:31 PM »
Heck, I ordered two jugs.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 10:39:46 PM »
My two jugs of syrup came while I was at the Cabin.  Haven't tried it yet.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 07:51:52 PM »
OK Magicman, did you try it yet. Don't leave us wondering, is it OK, or great (or God forbid, not good)? If the latter, let me know. While I've never had to, I will send you a pre-paid return label (so I can determine the issue, and will ship you free of charge a replacement order from a different batch.
I don't ever want any of my product out there that is not great.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »
Magicman, we're still awaiting the word, how is the syrup?
Time is getting near, where Christmas orders will start to come in. Order early so you won't miss out. Pure maple syrup makes a great gift.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Pure Vermont Maple Syrup For Sale

Started by GAB on For Sale

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2013, 08:23:11 PM
by GAB
xx
Pure New York State Maple Syrup

Started by maple flats on For Sale

40 Replies
Last post April 03, 2021, 01:25:35 PM
by maple flats
xx
100% pure Canadian snow for sale! Best offer.

Started by RKH Logging on Forestry and Logging

24 Replies
Last post March 10, 2014, 11:35:03 PM
by RKH Logging
xx
Maple Syrup....

Started by Mr Mom on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

15 Replies
Last post March 24, 2009, 02:26:53 PM
by SwampDonkey