iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shut down

Started by Bruno of NH, May 23, 2017, 05:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

My tractor went in the shop on Sunday for much needed repair.
It shuts the mill down until I get it back
I have the most logs ever of my own to saw plus some customers logs
A logger friend thinks he can come help me out Friday with his skid steer
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

goose63

Bruno I know how that feels I would be lost with out my little tractor
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Bruno of NH

Saturday some thing broke moving logs
It wouldn't move under its own power
My friend Tommy Tows came and loaded it on his rollback and we truck it too the tractor shop
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

paul case

That's no good. Sorry for your troubles. That kind of thing is why I have at least 3 ways of loading/moving logs/lumber.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Mt406

I feel your pain.
My skid steer is having guvnor issue talked to the local shops they want it 3-5 weeks.
That wont work. so looks like I am going to do it. I have the skill just not the time.
Hope for a speedy repair for you.

woodworker9

I feel your pain.  Similar thing happened to me last winter with my New Holland skid steer, and I couldn't get it running.  Worst part was I had parked it right in front of the shop door to plug it in, and that's where it stayed when I couldn't get it started again.  Couldn't get nothing in or out of the shop until the rollback wrecker showed up to drag it off to the dealer.

I learned my lesson, and ran a power outlet outside the shop, off to the side, to plug in during winter months.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

campwags

Wish I could help... No trailer.

My grandfather always said "Two is one and One is None!"  Now I understand what he meant.   :D
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

4x4American

I'd prolly rent something for the time being to get orders done.  X2 to what Paul Case said! 
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Or another idea if you have a portable mill maybe go do some portable work where the customer has a loader
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

My logger friend called tonight and will help me out this Friday through the weekend if it's not back.
I hope to build some kind of log deck that can be loaded or a log loader

4x4American

Thats good news. Before I had a loader I used to drag logs to the sawmill with a pickup truck or fourwheeler and although that wasn't fun it worked. 

When the skidsteer is over I'd say have him pile a whole boat load of logs in front of your mill on runner so you can at least roll them to it.

Another idea is if you can buy a truck load of logs have the logger unload the pile in front of your mill in a way that you can load your mill. 
Boy, back in my day..

paul case

If you do that and can saw then you will need to move the lumber. May take a dozer to deal with the slabs.

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

sealark37

" A saw mill is simply a material handling problem with a head saw in the middle."     Regards, Clark

4x4American

Quote from: paul case on May 23, 2017, 09:28:21 PM
If you do that and can saw then you will need to move the lumber. May take a dozer to deal with the slabs.

PC

Well shoot if we have him buying a log truck load of logs and renting a dozer he might better just find a cheap old wheel loader and be done with it lol lol
Boy, back in my day..

paul case

Truth be told, the mill was only about as expensive as all the support equipment put together. :-\

PC
pc

Peter Drouin

Quote from: sealark37 on May 23, 2017, 09:35:00 PM
" A saw mill is simply a material handling problem with a head saw in the middle."     Regards, Clark
smiley_thumbsup

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Called the tractor shop today they haven't even rolled it in the shop yet :(

brianJ

Around here the tractor dealers will supply you with a loaner for the asking.   Often you are given 5 maybe 10 hours free or you could pay reasonably small hourly rental.   

21incher

Quote from: Bruno of NH on May 25, 2017, 02:40:45 PM
Called the tractor shop today they haven't even rolled it in the shop yet :(

It is a long holiday weekend, so take some time to yourself and rest up for the 20 hour days when you get it back.  smiley_beertoast
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Crossroads

That stinks, I hope you get it back soon
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!