iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Magicman Ugly Foot Club

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, June 24, 2019, 09:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I just joined!
I was running my mill by myself Saturday, went to take a board off the mill, it slipped and BANG, down on my foot. Nothing broken (that I can tell) but it sure had me hopping around on one foot stringing together some new words!

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Old Greenhorn

What kind of shoes were you wearing? just curious. Glad you came out with all the parts attached.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Weekend_Sawyer

I have been having trouble with planters foot lately so I have been wearing tennis shoes. I know, should have been wearing my boots, that would have helped a lot.

Live and learn
Jon

Old Greenhorn

Sorry Jon, I had trouble with plantars for many years (over 30, I lost count) while working on concrete floors. Good quality footwear is a major help, but when you have to dig a small 'pebble' out of the ball of your foot every week or two it can get pretty miserable. That can be treated, I believe it is actually a virus. Mostly I just went for the mechanical method, but was miserable a lot of the time. When I moved up into engineering and design, the problem slowly faded, as did my knee problems. They were replaced by carpal tunnel syndrome. ;DI found a natural fix for that (proper exercises several times a day), and that never came back. The Doc wanted to cut me open. I haven't seen that guy since. ;D I also started gaining weight, but for some reason that disappeared around the time I started cutting trees, making firewood and got a sawmill. The last Doc I saw said I was in perfect shape for a man my age. I asked him if he knew I was 29?  ;D

Yeah, the sneakers explain the damage. I had thought the slab came down behind your steel toe and caught you. That has happened to me. The problem with steel toes is that you know you have that protection and tend to work with it. I use my toe as a log chock quite often, it's a bad habit. If that log ever over-runs the toe up onto my foot I am not only in a world of hurt, but I am stuck under a log with nobody around to help me get out. An 1,800 pound log can go a long way before it stops rolling, even if my leg and will power are telling it to stop. Nearly got bit again just the other night.
 We gotta be careful, you got lucky although I doubt you feel like a winner today.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

Can't we put this in the restricted topics so the rank and file aren't exposed to such! :o :o

Reminds me of when I first got my mill and took it up to my son's place to saw some stuff for him. He and I were carrying a 6' log about a foot in diameter and he dropped it on my right foot. I don't know if he broke any toes or not but it felt like it and I lost the nail off my big toe. To make matters worse I went back a few days later to get the mill and when we went to hook it to the truck he dropped a landing gear right on the same spot. electricuted-smiley

I hope you heal up soon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

WV, at least we did not have to smell it!  not an option in the ER.  Jon, when i get hurt, I cannot remember any new words, so i use the old ones but in new combinations!   :D  glad it was not worse.  looks like you are in the tub.  always use extreme caution when doing selfies in the bathroom!!!   :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

But my foot never was dat ugly !!!  :o  Or maybe it was.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

@WV Sawmiller  I had to laugh on that one. Sorry!!
@Weekend_Sawyer I just scrolled down real fast and went to the text.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

olcowhand

Wait! That Foot ain't busted up?
If that's the case, I gotta have the purtiest feet in the FF Family- and I'm a Diabetic.
Happy Healing!
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

jmouton

not sure why i clicked on this ,,,i knew by the title there would be an ugly foot picture ,  and i clicked anyway,,,  like a bad train wreck cant look away
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WDH

That 2nd biggest toe is screnched up real bad, just like mine :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DPatton

Quote from: Magicman on June 24, 2019, 01:59:29 PM
But my foot never was dat ugly !!!  :o  Or maybe it was.  :-X
That may be stretching the truth a bit MM.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rubberfish

Wow WS. That looks painful. Here's to a quick recovery.  smiley_beertoast
Confucius says "He who stands with hands in pocket is feeling cocky"
Bob

Cedarman

Was in the kitchen one evening using a sharp pointed knife.  Only socks on.  Knife dropped out of my hand and point first downward.  Before I could move my foot it stuck my big toe between joints.  You talk about hurt.  There is still blue air by the counter.  Sore for quite a while. But healed up fine.  Do chefs wear steel toes?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WV Sawmiller

No but they don't go barefoot in the kitchen or drop their knives. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Weekend_Sawyer

Yesterday the toes turned purple but otherwise it's not too tender to walk on.
I don't think we'll have to amputate.

When I was a boy and would hurt myself Mom and Dad would act like they were trying to make a hard decision and then wind up saying "Well I don't think well have to amputate."
Jon

samandothers

Happy Birthday Weekend Sawyer and happy healing!

Weekend_Sawyer

moosehunter

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on June 25, 2019, 08:55:24 AM

When I was a boy and would hurt myself Mom and Dad would act like they were trying to make a hard decision and then wind up saying "Well I don't think well have to amputate."
Jon

Did we have the same parents?  :D
 Mine used the same line!

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

petefrom bearswamp

Hope you heal up good.
My feet are pretty ugly with hammer toes.
I wear Sketchers steel toe sneakers or Ariat steel toe cowboy boots at the mill, but they dont help if something lands on your instep
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

olcowhand

Quote from: moosehunter on June 25, 2019, 12:08:57 PM
Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on June 25, 2019, 08:55:24 AM

Jon

Did we have the same parents?  :D
Mine used the same line!

mh
For some reason, my parents only discussed amputation when I hurt my head.....
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

WDH

Pete, I have the same affliction and also wear the Sketchers, but I go with the composite toe to cut down on the weight.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Last pic I promise.
The board landed across my foot right behind the toes so I'm wondering why there's bruising back by my heel.
It looks bad but really doesn't hurt much. I'm walking without a limp.
Just don't step on my foot!

petefrom bearswamp

Danny I think mine are composite also.
These have worn like iron but after nearly 3 years I ready for a new pair.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!