iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 225c restoration

Started by Aussielogger65, June 09, 2014, 08:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussielogger65

Hi, been a very long time since I've posted anything here about the old 225c rebuild, I haven't had much progress at all due to work and other projects that I've had going on. I've started on the rear end- cut all the fenders off axle mounts off and started fabing new ones along with rebuilding the rear axle housing, I've got seals and bearings for the transfer case and winch and will post some more pics soon as I get more done. Ps some of the pics shows one of my other projects that's ongoing an Austrak RT45 skid steer hydrostatic drive tractor just something different that you probably wouldn't See outside of Australia cheers Jeff.

Neilo

Good to hear the TJ is still coming together.

Neilo

thecfarm

Other things can get in the way of projects.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Aussielogger65

pics if i can get them to work again

thecfarm

Austrak RT45 skid steer hydrostatic drive tractor?????
Looks like a land clearing tractor? I can understand the bush hog,but what's on the back of it? And why?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Aussielogger65

Yea it's different, had many attachments available for them when they were built, the controls and seat flip over so you can drive long end leading etc, they are rippers/scarifyers on the back as you can remove the brush cutter and fit a blade

thecfarm

In picture 7 and 8 in reply #28,I noticed small rail roads tracks????

Aussielogger65

That's also another hobbie of both my dad and myself, we have a 5 inch gauge railway around the old house, crosses the driveway then out into the bush crossing one gully were upto the next but are in the process of building quite a tall bridge.... Dad is into the live steamers and is building a model of a 14a class Rhodesian railways garret, while I'm building a Petrol electric model of an emd sd90mac-h

barbender

It looks like you have top notch fabrication skills ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Aussielogger65

Thanks Barbender, my full time job is a diesel/plant mechanic but probably do more fabrication/welding than working on trucks/plant etc, we also do a lot of other work on lift span bridges in our area so there's always something different to do which is good keeps the job interesting.

tantoy

Quote from: barbender on April 25, 2016, 08:19:45 AM
     It looks like you have top notch fabrication skills ;)
x2, nice clean work!
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

DeerMeadowFarm

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Thank You Sponsors!