iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Curly and Birdseye

Started by True North, March 22, 2010, 04:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True North

I sawed some curly maple and birdseye maple along with a cherry log.  I have someone who wants to buy the lumber (it is 4/4).  What would be a fair price?

pasbuild

Green curly soft Maple .......$0.60 /0.65 bf
Green eye if it has a fair amount of med. / larger eye  $2.00 bf
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

vahighlander

Sold some spalted soft Maple this weekend.  the first two logs I sawed with my new LT40HD.  Random width 1 inch boards.  Beautiful stuff!  Sawed as a demo at the Highland County VA Maple Festival as an exhibit.  Guys were buying it off the saw for about 75 cents a Bdft.  My first sales! and lots of sawing jobs leads.... ;)
WM LT35HD, Stihl saws, Kubota M5700, Massey Ferguson 2750e, Wallenstein FX65Winch, Woodland Mills WC88 chipper

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

vahighlander

Fish- check out my photo gallery now!  Soft maple dust flying....
WM LT35HD, Stihl saws, Kubota M5700, Massey Ferguson 2750e, Wallenstein FX65Winch, Woodland Mills WC88 chipper

fishpharmer

Great pictures.  Nice mill. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

True North

Would the curly in hard maple be in the same price range as soft maple?

pasbuild

You should be able to get more if it is hard Maple, I pay $2.60 bf for KD 15/16 straight lined delivered to my door.

True North

Hi Pasbuild,

Thanks for the info.  So you live in Marquette.  My wife and I said that if we moved somewhere else we would love to live there.  We go to visit about once per year... great town.  Are you a sawyer?

pasbuild

I moved a few miles outside of Marquette to get myself a little more room to move, I have a small manual band mill for my own hobby use.

Thank You Sponsors!