iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Amsoil dealer

Started by Old_Hickory, August 17, 2008, 09:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_Hickory

hello all I get my 372 xp tomorrow.I am thinking of running Amsoil it it ,and switching my 346XP to it also.I went online to order,but it wont let me unless I have a dealer get it. Do the dealers charge more than ot shows on website.Also has anyone ran it and how does it work
gotta love those XP saws

Rocky_J

Why would you waste your money?  ???
Do what you want, I'm sure it won't hurt your saws, but it definitely won't be convenient or cheap. And considering there are many excellent mix oils available over the counter at a more reasonable price, I cannot see any reason to use Amsoil unless you were a dealer peddling the stuff or supporting a spouse who was peddling it.

Stihl, Husky and Echo labeled mix oils are all excellent and provide more than enough lubrication for very long engine life, probably longer than you will be able to run the saws.

Old_Hickory

Thank you Rocky  now I run Husky high performance in my 346 xp
I was just curious about it,
gotta love those XP saws

Red 93 L1 #3383

The Minot Park District ( my employer which I'm a mechanic for ) runs Amsoil Sabre 100:1 @ a 80:1 ratio in all there 2-stroke equipment.  Chainsaws, trimmers, leaf blowers...  We have had no problems due to lack of lube at that ratio.  We have string trimmers that are 16 years old with no problems.  I just bought a quart this summer and it cost $10.19 @ my local Napa.  I'm not sure how long they have been running the Amsoil as I have only been there for a year.
Stihl's: 2-064AV's, 020T, MS 310
'93 Ford F-150 Lightning, '94 F-150 4x4, '92 F-150 4x4 '80 F-150 EFI 7.5L, '04 Expedition (Wife's)

jokers

So.......tell me again what the advantage of Amsoil is? Especially at 80 or 100:1?

SwampDonkey

One of my fellas on the crew bought a Husky brush saw when he started with me in 2006 and will have cut 260 acres with it by the end of this season. He uses the cheapest mix oil you could buy. He cuts over 4 acres a week, some weeks close to 6.  Husky stopped making this model and has a smaller saw now than anyone and he isn't pleased. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mad dog

I run amsoil in My snowsled(2 stoke) It doesn't smoke like regular two stroke oil,when I run out of My huskey oil ,I will run it in My chain saws. I have heard that it makes your saw run cooler. 8)
mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

SwampDonkey

I do think the saws burn cleaner though, but I don't notice much of a reduction in exhaust. Why I say cleaner is because they don't carbon up as quick. One of my fellas always bought a cheap brand and the saw shop brought in Huskey oil and the dealer was pushing it and kinda hid the cheap brand behind the counter. With a bit of arguing the cheap brand was bought and the dealer confessed it was just as good. Now only swallow that if you can believe a thinner. Most you can't, I've learned that long ago. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jokers

You won`t find any argument from me that the synthetic probably burns cleaner even though modern two stroke oil burns very clean. In my experience with Mobil mx2T synthetic it actually decarbons engines, and that`s at 32:1.

Old_Hickory

i got the 372 today I asked the dealer,about Amsoil  he said it was good,But that the Husky XP oil was just as good.I had been running the low smoke formula in my 346 XP.He recommended I buy the XP formula to run in both them.
gotta love those XP saws

Thank You Sponsors!