iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Amsoil 100 1 mix Test

Started by kenskip1, April 08, 2004, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenskip1

Well,
          I bit the bullet and went and did it. I mixed up a batch of Amsoil at 100-1.My 041 loves it. I have only ran about half a tank thru it however, I had to lower the idle and lean it out just a tad.This saw ran great prior to this however the acceleration is most impressive.
          This old saw has 165 lbs of compression. I will put it to some hard use this weekend and really let it rip.The saw starts easier when hot.Sort of acts like a Harley wanting to run.The final exam will be this weekend,
                                                         Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

tony_marks

that saws got a good rep.. i believe id go 80-1 anyway..
 u saw has lasted a long time..personally ive tried that an it ran fine.
but i wouldnt put one of my good saws thru one full day of heavy cutting,,at 100-1.not to mention trimmers etc..
  now i know theres some thats gonna take exception to this.
 so have at it. its just my opinion anyway.

Oregon_Rob

I run a lot of my stuff on Opti-2 at 75:1. The bottle calls 100:1.
More power and almost no smoke. Have not run into a problem yet.
Chainsaw Nerd

oldsaw-addict

Well I have to try that, I'm nervous about running anything less than 50:1 in my saws, I usually run a 40:1 ratio.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Hunter

I run the Amsoil series 2000 full synthetic at 40:1 and will probably try it at 50:1.
I run my modeed saws alot and just want the best lubrication I can get. I like this stuff and have had no problems.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

oldsaw-addict

That is the best way for me to find out about the quality of an oil. I'll have to get some Amsoil soon and try the 75:1 ratio in my jonsered. If all goes well, I may try it in my DM50 later, then the 075. Its already proving to be agreat oil so I'm not worried about that too much.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Thank You Sponsors!