iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thinking about a grapple skidder...

Started by danbuendgen, June 06, 2016, 07:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

the brake system they used is more complex then it needed to be. its air over hydraulic. should be a round button on the floor towards the wagon. thats a parking brake for the wagon. push it to set push brake pedal to release. there should also be a parking brake that comes on when you stop. that may have been unhooked.    if the crane ever just stops working check the switch on the seat next to the floor. a little grease on it helps it live longer     

1270d

I second and third the need for ac.   A few years ago my compressor quit in early spring, snow still on the ground.   On a 40 degree sunny day I measured the cab temp over 130.   

Window shades wannaergo mentioned will make you gulp when you get the price.   Makes a new a/c seem cheap.

chep

Dan
I sent you my buddies contact. Yes I work for Longview.
The Rottne in my pics is the one you looked at. It's to bad it was out of your price range. It's a great hand chopping machine.
I'm currently running the other 99 we own. John degree instead of Iveco. 600 tires and no squirter boom. The 99 you looked at had the 700 tires + squirt boom. 
Anyhow good luck and keep us posted on progress

danbuendgen

If I could come up with the 75k for Long Views I would have got it. I was going to get a loan, but I would have to have it paid off in 2 years dew to the age and hours. The payments would have killed me. So I figured find something for less, pay in cash, and its one less payment for now. And hopefully it's not a total lemon.

I do think Long Views machine might be better for hand cutting, I was a little smaller, and easier to get in and out of, This SMV has taller tires and a bit longer and wider, I think its going to be a pain to get in and out of with a saw...

I was just talking to a buddy, and he suggested the DIY window tint kits. It may help keep some of the sun out, but I wonder if it would be hard to see out of on dark rain days, or after sun down in winter months... Plus those DIY window tint kits are kinda cheap and hard to not have the whole thing get wrinkled up... any thoughts on this?

The machine should show up in a few days, I will let everyone what happens on the first day...

Thanks to everyone for all the tips!
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

Thank You Sponsors!